Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Buyer's market for the P500

7K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Chet 
#1 ·
Seems like the sales have really slacked off on the 500's. I'm hearing a lot of reports of $8,499 OTD. In our area, they were selling as fast as they were unloaded off the truck almost at full MSRP plus freight ($9,099), up until about 2 months ago. Now it seems there is just an occasional tire kicker.
I realize Honda upped the production, but I think they are starting to stack up in many dealer's inventories.
Guess I should have waited, could have saved some money. I know in the Midwest and further east you can buy them for $7,800.

#3 ·
How about $9,500+ out the door!

An Ad locally said $500 off the $8,499 Price.

When I called and talked to sales, this is what the OTD price would of ended up being:

Unit Price-7999.00
Freight from Honda-600.00
Set-Up/Dealer Prep-350.00
Tax-433.23
Admin Fee-149.00
Title Fee-65.00 (looked this up, VA charges $10, they tack on another $55)
Total Out the Door Price-9596.23

Have e-mailed and called around a bunch.

No deals to be had around the VA / MD area.

Was sold on the 500, but not really sure which one to buy, 500-700-1000, they all got pros and cons.

#5 ·
If you are willing to drive to state college,pa they are advertising $7,700 for the p500. Usually add $300 freight and setup,title fee and registration,plus state tax,check out their website. Trackntrail.net. No outrageous Honda $600 freight. I would check cycle trader .com just start calling around asking for out the door price and how far you want to drive.

#6 ·
I think Honda monitors the supply carefully and has allowed them early on to sell units for list price, a basic Supply and demand relationship as it is perhaps one of the most fundamental concepts of economics and it is the backbone of a market economy. As an example, I strongly believe the 1000 will sell for MSRP for a while before discounts start. It is only recently as mentioned above, the prices are starting to come down in my area, 2015 HONDA PIONEER SXS500M2 RED TWIN CITY HONDA SUZUKI However, this deal may be no different than what nforkpioneer found out, i.e., numerous add on fees/cost.

#7 ·
Yeah I finally gave up, I got a red 500 ordered for $9,301 out the door (price was the $8,499 + plus the add ons) here in northern VA. They had a yellow and green in stock, and should have a red one in a week or two. To me when somebody says Honda, to me that means Red! Looking forward to putt-ing around and having some fun.

#8 ·
Ya i purchased the p500 aswell almost had it for a year now this june. I am wondering if i should add addiotional warranty or save my money. I would love to purchae the p1000 but the cost and needing a trailer has put me into the p500 for now. Here in canada my p500 out the door was 11500 plus tax. The extra 1000 was for a warn winch.

#10 ·
We purchased our 2018 Honda Pioneer 500 in August 2019 from a local dealer who had a sale add on ATV Trader. They originally had 3-500's and really had a hard time to move them. People want sexy and the Pioneer 500 is not sexy, so buyers just walk away from it. We bought the last one for cash at $7700 total out the door was $9000+/-
We absolutely love this machine, it's a Honda and looks are not everything !!!!!!
The salesman and business manager freely talked about people spending big bucks and financing with minimum down. Payments the size of car payments, YIKES
Chet

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.