Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Looking for first time off road fun...

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Mark from Northern Iowa 
#1 ·
Im taking delivery in April of my new P1000-5 deluxe in Silver. I have limited experience off-roading and my wife even less, however, I do have a good amount of outdoor experience. I am looking for someplace (or a few places) to spend 2 weeks in May. We live in Ohio. Willing to travel 600 miles or so. Nice weather a plus (so probably south). Probably, someplace that has Cabins. We have roughed it in the remote past but have gotten a bit old for this. Want wife to enjoy this first time so she will want to go again. ;) We will likely be taking 2 dogs with us (medium/large), so dog friendly a must. Not looking for crazy trails but do not want it to be too simple that it is not entertaining or somewhat of a challenge. We are willing to go to more than one site since we have 2 weeks to burn. Ideas appreciated.

#2 ·
This is going to open up a whole new world for you guys, once you have the machine it is really a lot of cheap fun for the price of just gas.
Someone in your area will chime in with good places to ride but here is a site that lists a lot of the more popular areas to ride across the country RiderPlanet USA - ATV Trails, Motorcycle Trails, Motocross Tracks
Its nice if you don't know the area to download trail maps of the area because not all trails are well marked, most of the maps are Garmin compatible and a cheap car Garmin GPS is all you need.

P.S. don't forget your camera we all like to see pictures from different areas.

#3 ·
Nice purchase. I own a p500. Great sxs. I dont know the area of ohio so sorry. Im sure you can find great trail and accomdations. Here in canada we have many. Longest ride i did in a day was 200 km. I bring extra gas. Cooler. And saw. U may want to purchase a windshield if u travell in dusty areas. And i always bring a compass map or gps if travelling of trails.

#10 ·
Im taking conveyance in April of my new P1000-5 choice in Silver. I have restricted insight going romping and my better half even less, nonetheless, I in all actuality do have a lot of open air insight. I'm searching for somewhere (or a couple of spots) to burn through about fourteen days in May. We live in Ohio. Ready to travel 600 miles or somewhere in the vicinity. Decent climate an or more (so presumably south). Presumably, somewhere that has Cabins. We have improvised in the remote past however have gotten a piece old for this. Maintain that spouse should partake in this first time so she will need to go once more.

#11 ·
Howdy and welcome
Check out Ride Royal Blue
Have never been there, but have read good things about it.
I think its kind of ironic, you typed "600 miles"
Here is there home page screen.
Sleeve Textile Wood Line Font

Have a good day

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.