Honda Pioneer Forum banner

water in oil

13K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Ironwings 
#1 ·
what should be done when water gets in the crankcase.:(

#5 ·
yes it died before I could shut it down, have changed the oil 5 times now and cleaned the intake and cylinders drained both diffs and so far she is running great just hope it continues. after I refill the diffs going to take it for a spin then change everything again. hope and pray this will work out.

#6 ·
Whats the news on this now? Is it running okay?

I took mine to the shop because it was running sluggishly and was also hard to shift. Before I even left the parking lot they said I had water in the oil. They are saying the engine needs to be taken apart and and cleaned and put back together. Is that really necessary? That would probably cost a grand easy. If I don't agree I am afraid they will void my warranty.
Any ideas/opinions?

#9 ·
so far everything is working great, changed the oil 8 times front and rear diffs 3 times and subtransmission 5 times also changed the filters 5 times. I think it shifts better than before. it cutoff at idle and I did not try to crank it till I pulled the plugs and drained the oil, I flushed the intake and cylinders with a can of wd40 installed the plugs added oil and fired it off ran for 30seconds and changed the oil again, I could have got by with less oil changes if I had known it has a oil pan and crankcase drain plug.

#10 ·
ok so I'm looking for information about my sxs .. I just bought a 2016 pioneer 1000-5 dulex and I got water in motor and I'm trying to get it back running. . What do I need to do . It turns over started for a while but now it is just turning over starting every now and then .. been flushing out motor with diesel and still can't get water out of oil am I missing something? ?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.