LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-17-2017, 01:54 AM Thread Starter
CMH

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cooling Fan Ideas

I have looked at the bilge fan upgrade and am considering it. I also looked at 6"-8" automotive cooling fans. The flow rating of an automotive fan is nearly double a double 4" fan setup. If some is good, more is better, right? Anybody else looked into this design? If you spend a little more on the automotive fan, you can get one with the same seal rating as the bilge fans.

Also, what are folks in the 5 person machines doing to keep the back seat cool? It looks to me like you need to seal around the back of the engine cover where it dumps into the back to keep from just collecting the heat.

Thoughts on either idea?

Thanks,

Casey
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-19-2017, 06:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well I am glad someone is bringing this up again because i just installed the 4"Atwood bilge fan 2 weeks ago on my 3p and the day after i installed it the temps were in the upper 80s and perfect to try it out. When just slowly moving and no fan it was HOTT but then when i flipped the switch the hot temperature in the cab was gone almost immediately. I was actually skeptical before i installed the bilge fan but i will tell you it most definitely works. I also put a shield under my seat but without the fan it does nothing. To answer your question I am almost positive the automotive fan will work even better..... Please let us know.

2016 HONDA PIONEER
1000-3 mods-homemade
Stereo system, 15" red
On black NP wheels,
Reverse light, LED-
markers-more to come.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page