Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Best way to clean honda hard coat screen

10K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  fo wheelz 
#1 ·
Hi

i was going to call the yellow monster bumblebee, but the boss says it is got to be bumble to small to be bumblebee.

Any way me and bumble are getting on fine, i live at 9,000 ft and it will go anywhere.

To the point what is the best way to clean the windshield without scratching?

Thanks bumblebee

#2 ·
After ruining mine I found out you cannot use any chemical cleaners on a poly windshield, including any cleaners containing ammonia or alcohol . Also you are not supposed to use any kind of paper products for wiping or washing them. You are supposed to rinse with clean water and then wash with soap and water with a soft cloth or you bare hand.

#5 ·
I found the best way is to rinse with lots of water and make sure all grit is off then soap and water and a micro fiber towel then after it is clean and dry buy a can of plexis its made to clean isinglass on boats but the good part is its kind of like rain x because it repels the water and mud it will keep it crystal clear BUT USE MICRO FIBER TOWELS

#10 ·
I want to be able to wipe the dust from my instrument panel plastic on the fly. Getting out the Plexus and the microfiber towels isn't practical, but I don't want to scratch it.

I'd like to use some kind of tear off to cover the panel when it is clean. Then when I'm on the fly I can wipe the dust without worrying about the scratches. You, know, like NASCAR teams do with the windshield?

Does anyone know such a product?

Thanks, all.
Chuck

#12 ·
I rinse w/ my pressure washer on medium pressure, then I use rain-x windshield wash w/ a sponge squeejee combo (like at the gas station) and then I wipe the corners and tight spots w/ a micro fiber soft cloth. So far this has worked well. I have not done a lot of trail riding lately so my windshield looks great.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.