• 2 Post By GreenLaw

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-11-2017, 10:38 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Parking Brake Light Staying On, Help!

Greetings All! I am the proud owner of a slightly used but not abused 2015 Honda Pioneer 500 (36.4 hours)! It is awesome. I set the parking brake the other day, and now the light will not go off. I can move the machine back & forward by my hand, so I do not think the brake is engaged. The light will blink when the Honda is in motion. Look for your expertise. Thank you in advance for your help. GreenLaw

Last edited by GreenLaw; 01-11-2017 at 10:46 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-11-2017, 08:42 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Garage
There is a switch on the park brake lever that could be bad or just dirty. You should be able to see it removing the panels under the seat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 01-11-2017, 10:33 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I am hoping it is maybe a bad sensor or dirty connection. I will check it out. Thank you!

post #4 of 4 Old 01-13-2017, 09:51 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Okay, I had time to look into my Parking Light problem. I took out the seats, the access panel on the drivers side, and the whole panel on the Passenger side. Still not very much room to work with, though I could see where part of the parking brake assembly looked like it had moved and the sensor trigger had rotated away from the parking brake handle. I figured there must be a missing bolt. After some maneuvering I got the dislocated part back to line up with what appeared to be the bolt hole. I was attempting to replace the bolt and accidently dropped it, while looking for the dropped bolt, I found the original lost one (wedged in between some stuff). Therefore, I used the newly found original bolt and a new nut to secure the assembly back to where it must have been. Anyway, I adjusted the sensor trigger and success, no more parking light staying on. Hope this helps anybody that runs into the same problem. I know it is minor, but it worried me, especially since I just got the machine on Monday.
Silvertrd09 and Ridem32 like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page