Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Stuck out in the woods

10K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  piorider92 
#1 ·
I was out hunting over the weekend. I backed up and a stick went up in perfect and sheared off a wire off the back of the engine transmission. Right above the shifter linkage. I was wondering if anyone had an idea for a quick fix to get it out of the woods. Be hard to tow it out there's a lot of muskeag to go through. See pic. Once it happened it wouldn't go above an idle. I shut it off and it wouldn't turn over. Had to depress break peddle to get it to turn over but still will not start. Shift indicator is a line across rather then N.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Will it show drive or reverse on the indicator? If it just broke the neutral wire (not showing N) and it does show D you should be able to start it in gear and drive it. If it won't show any of them you it must have broke them all loose and you could just ground out a wire to get the indicator reading you want.

#4 ·
I think thats the gear position switch, if so you can ground one out to trick it into thinking its in gear. the grey wire is for reverse, light green is for neutral and the last on light blue w/ yellow is drive. Like toodeep said, ground the light blue w/yellow and see if you get a "D" on the dash, push the brake and start it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.