switchplate and fuse problems - Honda Pioneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 01-25-2017, 07:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
switchplate and fuse problems

I brought my 2014 Pioneer in to have the full hard cover cab along with the switchplate and fuse box along with the heater put in at a Honda dealership. This was suppose to be a 2 day turn around a month into this the dealer cannot get the heater to shut off. He has changed boards for the new fuse box but it does the same thing if he pulls out the fuse for the windshield wiper, yes I had that put in also, the fan will go to low but it will never turn off. Right now I am waiting to hear from them for Honda said try 1 more board. Has anyone else have this problem. They said they have checked out the wiring a couple of times with different mechanics but they couldn't find anything wrong. There next choice is a aftermarket heater that won't use the switchplate I don't think that is the answer either but I am tired of waiting to get my machine back
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 01-26-2017, 08:48 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Sounds like a bad blower motor reastat. That controls the fan fan speeds from the fan switch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 4 Old 01-26-2017, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Sounds like some of the wiring got screwed up at the factory. I installed mine and it works fine, I attached a picture of my of the back of my switch (the one buy my thumb) you should have 12v on the middle red wire only with the switch off a jumper put between the middle and either one of the other two should make the fan run. If that doesn't work, I can take my switch out and open up the fuse box and read out continuity between the two so you guys can do the same to compare. I have yet to find schematics for the accy's that honda sells, I wanted to use the wiper wiring for other thing as I don't plan on a wiper ever. I'm using some of them for the winch switch I put in place of the wipers.

Red '15 700/4

post #4 of 4 Old 01-26-2017, 09:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
I think I would find another Honda dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page