LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 05-23-2016, 10:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New Member from WI/AZ

Greetings All......

I currently have a 2012 Can Am Commander 1000X that we ride in AZ. I'm looking to get another machine that will accommodate more than two people. Since I ride a Honda Gold Wing and have had numerous Honda powered pieces of equipment over the years I am naturally interested in the 2016 Honda Pioneer 1000-5 Deluxe. I drove one and we really like it.

My biggest concerns are that since it is brand new this year. I'm a little concerned that they might have some issues that need to be worked out. My second concern is the shocks/suspension. My Commander has the Fox racing shocks and I'm concerned that the shocks on the Pioneer might not be adequate to handle the rough terrain we ride in the Sonora desert and the mountains.

I'd appreciate any and all input.

Thanks you!

Dennis L. Jaecks
US Army Retired
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-24-2016, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 199 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum and thank you for your service. There have been a few little issues with the machine but nothing consistent. Big tires and improper driving has been most of what I have seen. Any machine can have its flaws though, especially being new. I can't comment on the suspension never being in your terrain or comparing it to a commander.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-25-2016, 11:27 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
From the other forum.
Quote:
I'm going to be the first one to replace those **** front shocks. They are getting worse as miles go up. I guess they're breaking in as they are getting smoother on the super easy stuff but wow it's rough. I wish Honda had at least done same shock but adjustable. You can't ask for a better rear for all around. I've bottomed it but it took a lot!! Love those.
I thought your trans issue was worse by your previous statement but sounds good. Good to hear! Glad you wound up happy overall with this rig!

post #4 of 4 Old 05-26-2016, 05:42 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Couple of members here have great impressions with this new machine, just little info on possible issues but overall it should be a beast machine.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page