LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-20-2016, 05:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Hello From Mississippi

Hello Everyone,
I'm very interested in purchasing a new Pioneer 1000-5, and I'm trying to do my research before I buy one!
Just a little about me. I am 39 with a family of 5, ( just right), any way it will be mostly just four of us. I have been in and around the power sports industry for about 11 years now, I've worked on just about every brand out there, so I know they all have their issues. I mainly work on four wheelers and side by sides. I am an industrial mechanic by trade. I also served in the U.S. Navy in the submarine force as a conventional machinist mate for 10 years.
I'm curious to know a list of problems or recalls that are in regard to that model. I've already looked over a few of the issues, but I would like to know what real OWNERS have to say about them. I know how the manufactures work, I worked at a dealership for several years.
I'm a die hard Honda fan! I have several four wheelers now! MY dad has a Big Red 700 and would love some comparison if anyone has some!
OH yes, I will be using it mostly for around my hunting camp and a Family Wagon if we go to the park to ride. So it would see some mud and dusty trails and some work.
I have looked and looked over one, but haven't driven one yet.

Thank you everyone I look forward to everyone's input
Ivon Pickens
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-20-2016, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Welcome to the forum. I'm in Mississippi also. Crystal springs. I got my PK5 from Brookhaven Honda. Got it back in June. I lov it so far. I had a Honda big red first year it came out. It was a nice ride also. Where u at in Mississippi?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 5 Old 12-20-2016, 07:34 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I'm up in Flowood. I stopped at Brookhaven Saturday and looked at them some more! They seem to have the best prices around. I maybe able to get a Deal at the dealership in Ridgeland through a friend but I'm not sure on it yet.
Are there any differences in 2016 and 2017 models?

post #4 of 5 Old 12-20-2016, 09:34 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Yes the 17 models do have a few different things. But the standard or deluxe model is about the same as the 16 model. I have tried several times to buy from GOT GEAR they can't compete with Brookhaven Honda. Brookhaven Honda out sells them 30 to 1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5 of 5 Old 01-06-2017, 01:05 PM

Love my '16 700 and bought it from Lake Hill in Corinth. Im from N. Alabama and it was worth the drive. They give you best price up front. Kind wished I'd waited on the 2017 1000 with the 5 speed transmission but very pleased with my Pioneer.
Ridem32 likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page