Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Maxxis Zilla's 27"

7K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dick 
#1 ·
Bought a set for my 700 and I have been trying hard to like them but I just can't get over how much vibration I get from the aggressive tread. I tried increasing the tire pressure and it helped very little. They are classified as an all terrain tire and the reviews I read people say the vibration goes away after about 3 mph but doesn't on mine. The reviews I read were on wheelers and maybe the heavier SXS's it is more noticeable. It vibrates the mirrors that can hardly see out them. They are wearing good and great in the mud but don't handle well.

I was going to buy the ITP Blackwater Evolution's and when I got to the store I seen these were way cheaper and the salesman said everyone loves them. Oh man I am still kicking myself and I knew better. Moral of the storey "Don't Cheap Out On Your Tires Guys" !!!

Wife says maybe good time to trade up for the 1000, they do look good on the 700..

See less See more
#2 ·
A quick update on these Zilla Tires, I may have been a little hasty in my initial review now that I have a lot of miles on them I really only notice the vibration when going slow now. They actually ride very smooth on rough rocky terrain and fantastic in the mud.
I accidentally got into some floating bog yesterday and floored it and went right across, the Pioneer seems to have just the right amount of power not to bury itself but still pull good. It would have been bad if I had of got stuck in that stuff...

#3 ·
Hey Dick, how are ya bud long time no comments from me but I'm always here. How are those Zillas on hard pack?

#4 ·
Hey Duwop I have been good, just enjoying early retirement, some people say they get bored when they retire but they couldn't have had a life to start with because I still can't seem to find time to do everything I want to.
How about you is your health still holding up and getting around good?
The Zilla's are rough and noisy on hard pack but very good in the mud.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.