Excessive heat problem - Honda Pioneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 10-17-2019, 11:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Excessive heat problem

We just purchased a new carry-over 2018 Pioneer 1000-5 because we liked the fold down seats so we could use the full bed when we donít have extra passengers. Took it to Red River, NM and met friends there hoping for a great experience. However, after a few miles of riding the passengers in the back were so uncomfortable from the heat that they asked to get out for a cool down. Since we were already out on the trails we switched places and I was now driving. By the time we stopped again a few miles up the trail my back and back side were so wet from the heat that I felt as if I had forgot to dry my clothes before putting them on. When we came back home we contacted the dealer and were told this was a known problem but we had not been informed before we purchased the unit. We began doing some research and found that heat shields were available through a third party vendor so we purchased them and had them installed. Took it out yesterday in 65 degree weather and rode 2 miles. We took an infrared heat sensor gun with us and the back side of the drivers seat was 144.6 degrees!! Not a good thing. I canít imagine what it will be like when we ride it in 90+ degrees. We are getting ready to have the blower fan installed, again at our cost and hope this helps. However, we donít feel like we should have to pay to fix a problem that Honda should have found a fix for by now. Anyone have any thoughts on getting a class action lawsuit together so that the manufacturer has to fix the problem before they units are put on the market?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 10-18-2019, 09:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
All of of them have this issue. Getting a blower in there and trying to force the heat out is the best solution but your still sitting ontop of a motor.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 Old 10-19-2019, 05:50 PM

Mine was warm

I have a 2017 1000-3 LE. When I first got it I noticed heat coming up through the seat. It was warm but not hot. I had the dealer do some recalls and also had them install a factory heat shield. (this was done without charge as Honda was aware of the problem). Now there is only a small amount of heat coming up. Not enough to cause any discomfort even in 90 plus degree weather. Come wintertime I might end up wishing it wasn't there.

If I were you I would check if there is a problem unique to your machine. Such as the engine running hot or is the radiator fan staying on all the time. What you have going on does not sound normal. I wish I had a better answer for you.

post #4 of 6 Old 11-07-2019, 10:13 PM

Garage
I bought ours new - same problem, It is unbearable at times - What a disappointment for such a good company to put that type of product out. ....

I put a heat blanket under the seats, it helped but it still is a huge problem in the Summer.

Going to Sell my Machine unfortunately

TL
post #5 of 6 Old 11-07-2019, 10:22 PM

Garage
Angry Heat

Very Poor design from Honda -
I installed a heat blanket under the seat and up the back of the seat, but it is still terrible. I am so unsatisfied from the unbearable heat that I am selling my 1000-5 even though I know I will take a big loss of money from what I bought it for new.

The Dealer I bought mine from in Colorado is aware of the problem, and so I Honda but no solutions or willingness to help fix the problem.

Live and learn I guess.
post #6 of 6 Old Today, 12:13 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
I had a 1,000 5 come in the other day and noticed this. Rear passenger side floor board. Yes, that's the exhaust under the hole.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page