Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Clutch/DCT Issues

12K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  SuperATV 
#1 ·
Hey Guys! We've been hearing about a lot of riders having to replace their clutches, some multiple times. We have yet to have any issues with our machines, but we'd like to help get to the bottom of it and see what, if anything, we can do to prevent it, besides basic driver errors. I know Honda has addressed the overheating issue and now offers an upgrade, but how, when, why is this happening? Is it mud specific? What are you guys doing when it starts to go? Stuck in mud, towing, rock climbing, high speeds? High or Low gear? 2x or 4x? Are you replacing just the case, or needing the clutch gears as well? Thanks in advance for your help!

#2 ·
I have had my 2016 1000-5 since new. Problem started in September on an elk hunt. Gauges going haywire and machine wouldn’t move. Called my dealer and said there was a clutch and cabin comfort update also a recall for muffler heat shield. They called me after diagnosis and said clutch was shot. Only 1050 miles on it. After the repairs were done went to take the machine on a deer hunt and she didn’t even want to back off the trailer. Im reading that there are a lot of problems involving this issue. Mine goes to a different dealer Saturday morning.

#4 ·
Thanks superatv. This car has been nails. I don’t have very many miles on this thing. I also don’t want to lose confidence in it. I primarily use it for hunting and I travel pretty far away from the truck. Last thing I want to do is get stranded. I really hope this thing works out so I can keep it.

#6 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.