diff lock - Page 6 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 28Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #51 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 08:22 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Lol
I don't think you can make that joke now as the 700 was just recalled for fire hazard and one member here had theirs catch on fire.


I wouldn't laugh too hard on that one.

2013 Honda Rancher ES 4x4-Completely stock
2012 Honda Recon ES-Completely stock
1970 Honda CT90-500 Original miles
1972 Honda CT70-Restored
1976 Honda Z50-Restored
toomanytoys is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #52 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 09:25 AM
Senior Member
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
I don't think you can make that joke now as the 700 was just recalled for fire hazard and one member here had theirs catch on fire.


I wouldn't laugh too hard on that one.
Still funny.... But a simple skid plate will fix the Honda...
William is offline  
post #53 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 10:32 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by William View Post
Still funny.... But a simple skid plate will fix the Honda...


But, its the same difference. It was a fire hazard on a machine.


Why is it different that a Pioneer could catch on fire because of a design problem, and a Polaris can catch on fire because of a design problem?


It's not any different. You can fan boy the heck out of Honda but its still the same issue. And Both companies fixed it.


If you read the guy whose Pioneer caught fire, Honda blew him off about it! Tell him no reports, then send out a recall notice. Seems fishy to me. What if his machine had burnt to the ground?


Quote:
Well I am the owner of a 700 pioneer that caught fire. We had cleaned the skid plates off by washing the unit off with water when needed. But this time we had used the machine for several hours and then parked it. With in minutes it caught fire. It was lucky that we had a fire extinguisher handy or we would of lost the machine. When I called Honda to report the fire I was told they had no report of any issues with fires. Very funny that 6 weeks later they issue a recall. Not to happy with how this issue was handled. The skid plate is solid and very close to the drive train and exhaust. If you are driving in very dry conditions with tall grass or cut grass watch out

2013 Honda Rancher ES 4x4-Completely stock
2012 Honda Recon ES-Completely stock
1970 Honda CT90-500 Original miles
1972 Honda CT70-Restored
1976 Honda Z50-Restored
toomanytoys is offline  
 
post #54 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
DG Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
But, its the same difference. It was a fire hazard on a machine.


Why is it different that a Pioneer could catch on fire because of a design problem, and a Polaris can catch on fire because of a design problem?


It's not any different. You can fan boy the heck out of Honda but its still the same issue. And Both companies fixed it.


If you read the guy whose Pioneer caught fire, Honda blew him off about it! Tell him no reports, then send out a recall notice. Seems fishy to me. What if his machine had burnt to the ground?
Do you have a link to the Pioneer fire guy thread?

To answer that 1st question, because this is a Honda board, and the 1st thing that's always bashed is whats viewed as the biggest competition. Same thing happens on Polaris or Yamaha ATV boards. Honda is always the 1st brand bashed.

I expect as much and would consider it all good-natured ribbing ( like William's ) except that there are some posts on this board where its obvious the poster can't see the world beyond Honda-colored glasses. Those are the ones that get me.

I seem to end up defending Polaris a lot, so i can see why some would think me a big Polaris fan even though its not actually true. What i am a fan of is a company that seems to try very hard to give its' customers what they ask for...and being a life-long Honda fan, i am envious of that sort of attention.

Last edited by DG Rider; 10-27-2014 at 04:46 PM.
DG Rider is offline  
post #55 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 02:20 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Posts: 220
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DG Rider View Post
Do you have a link to the Pioneer fire guy thread?

To answer that 1st question, because this is a Honda board, and the 1st thing that's always bashed is whats viewed as the biggest competition. Same thing happens on Polaris or Yamaha ATV boards. Honda is always the 1st brand bashed.

I expect as much and would consider it all good-natured ribbing ( like William's ) except that there are some posts this board where its obvious the poster can't see the world beyond Honda-colored glasses. Those are the ones that get me.

I seem to end up defending Polaris a lot, so i can see why some would think me a big Polaris fan even though its not actually true. What i am a fan of is a company that seems to try very hard to give its' customers what they ask for...and being a life-long Honda fan, i am envious of that sort of attention.
https://www.hondapioneerforum.com/for...re-hazard.html


My thing is I'm not brand loyal. I will give whatever company that has what I want my money.

2013 Honda Rancher ES 4x4-Completely stock
2012 Honda Recon ES-Completely stock
1970 Honda CT90-500 Original miles
1972 Honda CT70-Restored
1976 Honda Z50-Restored
toomanytoys is offline  
post #56 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 02:27 PM
Senior Member
 
DG Rider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Chino Valley, AZ
Posts: 903
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
https://www.hondapioneerforum.com/for...re-hazard.html


My thing is I'm not brand loyal. I will give whatever company that has what I want my money.
Thx.

How that for an ironic screen name?
DG Rider is offline  
post #57 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 02:46 PM
OLT
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 960
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
https://www.hondapioneerforum.com/for...re-hazard.html


My thing is I'm not brand loyal. I will give whatever company that has what I want my money.
Not being brand loyal is the best way to go, too many people stick with what they're already familiar with and in doing that limit there experience with this to some extent.
OLT is offline  
post #58 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 04:12 PM
Senior Member
 
William's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Garage
My next one will probably be a rzr with the biggest motor at that time. I like UTVS period... Not just Hondas. I also like to have fun and joke, something some members can't do because they have a stick in their ass... Sorry to hear about the fire, that sucks.
William is offline  
post #59 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 08:53 PM
Senior Member
 
scott's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Lyman SC
Posts: 1,111
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Dang i missed it all.



scott is offline  
post #60 of 89 Old 10-27-2014, 09:08 PM
Super Moderator
 
Dick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: N.B. Canada
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
Dang i missed it all.

That's not like you scott, your usually right in the middle of it. :-)








scott likes this.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!
Dick is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome