28Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 89 Old 11-16-2014, 09:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tig View Post
Cool story dude. Thanks for bringing that information to the table.
You're welcome.Anything to help. The truth is a tough pill to swallow sometimes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 89 Old 11-20-2014, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
This is the oddest thread about diff lockers I have ever read.
post #83 of 89 Old 11-20-2014, 10:47 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
When the subject is answered with the first couple responses they go .... well everywhere. On a side note the brake trick will kind of work on the 500. You have to be in low (first) and really play with it but it does work. It got me out of a snow bank this afternoon. Would I recommend doing it, not at all.

post #84 of 89 Old 11-21-2014, 05:32 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any weirder...
I wonder if one could plumb up a brake lever to just the front tires. I watched a Youtube video of I believe a Rancher where the rider lightly applied the front brakes to get the power to go to the wheel that needed to be driving. This sounds silly on the pioneer. Imagine having a bar coming out of the dash with a motorcycle brake lever attached to it that you apply to get out of a sticky situation.
post #85 of 89 Old 11-21-2014, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
I think the limit (cpsc regulated) in cc's is 1000 am I correct on this?
Seems I read this somewhere, and I seemed to believe it because no one else has larger right? I think That's why the turbo's are showing up next will be superchargers.

I think There will soon be a crackdown on these high powered machines, I just hope it's not before Honda releases, what they call is gonna be a sport model.
But I'm afraid it may get shut down, The time is short. But what do I know.
post #86 of 89 Old 11-21-2014, 02:16 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedengineer View Post
Just when you thought this thread couldn't get any weirder...
I wonder if one could plumb up a brake lever to just the front tires. I watched a Youtube video of I believe a Rancher where the rider lightly applied the front brakes to get the power to go to the wheel that needed to be driving. This sounds silly on the pioneer. Imagine having a bar coming out of the dash with a motorcycle brake lever attached to it that you apply to get out of a sticky situation.

My side note was carried over from another thread where we was talking about the front lockers. In that thread we also talked about adding in a valve/switch to block off the rear brakes. This one was active though so I just threw it out there, kind of off/on topic kind of thing.. lol
post #87 of 89 Old 11-21-2014, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
My side note was carried over from another thread where we was talking about the front lockers. In that thread we also talked about adding in a valve/switch to block off the rear brakes. This one was active though so I just threw it out there, kind of off/on topic kind of thing.. lol
That's an interesting idea with the valve/switch isolating the front brakes. Could put a solenoid valve in line. I did send a message to Highlifter asking if there will be a Detroit Locker for the pioneer 500. I have not heard back yet. That would pretty much remedy this discussion.

Then again maybe Honda secretly does stuff like not putting in a front locker just to mess with us and watch us quibble. :-)

At some point this machine will get a locker. Probably won't be for several years being Honda takes their time.
OLT likes this.
post #88 of 89 Old 11-21-2014, 03:14 PM
OLT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
it's probably going to happen when honda feels like they need something to look good when competition starts look better.
post #89 of 89 Old 11-21-2014, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by OLT View Post
it's probably going to happen when honda feels like they need something to look good when competition starts look better.

Too late for that, Honda is way behind in the SXS game. The only thing they have going for them right now is no belt and the Honda reputation. They can ride on that for a little while but not long, especially when they can't supply the demand for the machines. A lot of people are going elsewhere (other brands) just because of that. When they are ready to buy they want to buy now, not 6 months from now.
nyd likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page