15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 67 Old 08-02-2014, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
We still have a couple gassers that get used around the yard with the grain dryer. I know exactly what it's like with the brake situation. lol The semi took over all of the field hauling though. The regulations aren't too bad around here yet on them so I see a lot of them. Some of the trucks a trailers I see I have no clue how they passed the DOT inspection to be on the road. A lot has changed in the farming world in the last 15 years. One of my first jobs on the farm was running a 730 JD and a 4 row go devil. Oh the summers of the deep dark tan.. lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 67 Old 08-02-2014, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
We had two 730 JD's a gas and a diesel. 'pop' 'pop' 'pop' 'pop' 'pop' 'pop'. lol
post #63 of 67 Old 08-03-2014, 12:50 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Scott's belly is very hard on belts.
Dick, scott and kowboy63 like this.

post #64 of 67 Old 08-03-2014, 06:53 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Ima4wheelinmudder
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
A 1,000 dollars for a belt service? The belt cost 80 dollars, and a few tools to change it. I think its an 8mm wrench and some other small hand tools. It can be done on the trail its so easy.

Even in my RZR 800 the belt cost was around 80, a couple tools, and even with removing the seats, the seat belt bar, the cvt cover, snorkels, and a few other things I could do it in 20-25 minutes.

250 dollars to service you pioneer?

What kind of dealers are you going to?

My local Honda dealer charges 75 to first service a quad and 150 to first service a side by side.

Not poking just wondering what exactly you are referring to on the Can Am that would cost a 1000 for a "clutch service"?

I said ALMOST $1000 for a belt service ... and actually the salesperson told me about $800 but would have to check the price with the service department. The price is really irrelevent but I'm glad that you know how to replace a belt, I've never done it and don't have the time. That's why I take mine to the local dealer and get charged whatever the repair price is even if it is kinda outrageous. I don't think I ever said anything about a "clutch service" ... this forum is starting to get to be more about "I know more about everything than you do, piss and moan or mine's bigger than yours". When someone posts their experiences, a few people here try to pick it apart, just shy of calling the poster a liar ... I also think that if one doesn't own a Pioneer they shouldn't be talking bad about them here. Posting someone else's quote to start a new thread is kinda like poking. I came to this forum for info on how everyone likes their Pioneer, to see what kind of mods people are doing to them and what kind of aftermarket or home made accessories owners are adding to them. So I guess I'll just be a lurker here from now on and chuckle about the bragging and some of the childish things I read. I'm sure some of you will take this the wrong way and if you do you probably have a guilty conscience.

2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2013 Honda Rancher TRX420
2013 Yamaha XT250
post #65 of 67 Old 08-03-2014, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Most of the threads that you see with a quote at the beginning is because I cut it from another thread that went off topic too far. It's easier to ignore a thread like this and the original thread can survive without the off topic stuff closing it down. We try to keep the forum clean but yet let everyone have their discussions.
post #66 of 67 Old 08-03-2014, 07:28 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Ima4wheelinmudder,, I have had the same issue with a few people here. And you hit the nail on the head with that post. Luckily the forum only has a few people like that. Most the users are here to do the same thing you are here to do. And it all blows over in a day or two with them guys anyways. You will always have people like them on forums no matter what forum you are on. You seem like my kind of person and buddies i hang with iama4wheelinmudder.

Arizona rider. likes this.

Last edited by scott; 08-03-2014 at 07:40 PM.
post #67 of 67 Old 08-03-2014, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Send a message via Yahoo to Ima4wheelinmudder
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
Ima4wheelinmudder,, I have had the same issue with a few people here. And you hit the nail on the head with that post. Luckily the forum only has a few people like that. Most the users are here to do the same thing you are here to do. And it all blows over in a day or two with them guys anyways. You will always have people like them on forums no matter what forum you are on. You seem like my kind of person and buddies i hang with iama4wheelinmudder.
Thanks Scott ... Just like most things in life, a few have to ruin things for the rest of the majority. Just like the shape our country is in, but that's another topic for another forum. I came to this forum (like others) to learn more about my Pioneer, not to get berated or bullied by a few "know it alls". Most people won't post anything because of that ...
kowboy63 and Arizona rider. like this.

2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
2013 Honda Rancher TRX420
2013 Yamaha XT250

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page