40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 62 Old 09-05-2014, 03:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pioneer Low end power

Im looking at buying a pioneer 700 and would like to know everyones opinions that has on already. Ive seen good and bad would just like to have a place where everyone can post there opinion. I understand if your way up in the mountains its not good but other than that. I will be mostly flat terrain with a trip once or twice a year to slightly steep mountains nothing over 3k feet

Does the pioneer have enough low end torque for you? What kind of pulling have you done? How steep of hills have you climbed? What does is bog down on? Are you satisfied or not?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 62 Old 09-05-2014, 06:19 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
You should be fine
post #3 of 62 Old 09-05-2014, 06:32 PM
OLT

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Most folks I have observed here seem to be fine with the way it is.

post #4 of 62 Old 09-05-2014, 06:39 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Been on the hunting land twice this week and we have pretty good hills and all kinds of terrain and the pioneer - 4 does very well I love it me and two more grown men and 6 50lb bags of corn went everywhere we wanted to go with ease
randall27 and somethingnuw like this.
post #5 of 62 Old 09-05-2014, 09:13 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
randall27,

Satisfied. Flatlander here with some adventures. Read my posts. Look at a few videos I have posted. It's only a few and I've put the Honda in a few positions not posted. This is a great machine for what it's designed for. The first impression was set with this post #8 . https://www.hondapioneerforum.com/for...ak-period.html Enjoy the Honda.

Pioneer P700-4
Pioneer P500
post #6 of 62 Old 09-05-2014, 10:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You will be satisfied. I have climbed two very steep hills recently both at approximately 6500ft and as steep as you can go with out flipping over/getting a run at them. The first one was with 4 adults (2 males/2 females). The pioneer climbed the hill but had the foot to the floor and she chewed away at the hill at a walking pace (note it was also a very hot day.....thinner air. The second hill was just myself and the P4. I didn't need full throttle...maybe 1/2-3/4 throttle. I wan't to test the "Power Issue" everyone is talking about so I floored it mid hill and the machine accelerated....was a steady acceleration. It seemed responsive. Things to note 1) I only have 400km on it so I'm thinking it is still braking in.....power may still improve. 2) I live at 3000ft above sea level and have sufficient power. With that being said a Low Gear would be great.....don't get me wrong, but the power is sufficient for what I do. I'm hoping to toss a 1000lbs bull elk in the back and when I stop smiling enough to do some typing i'll update this forum with the P4's performance then!
randall27 and somethingnuw like this.

When I'm at home I'm the Dad. When I'm in my Pioneer I'm the Kid!
post #7 of 62 Old 09-06-2014, 12:27 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Lower gearing is an absolute must. It does indeed power out on steep hills over and over. I cross my fingers in hopes Honda does something about it but it scares me to read where people are saying it climes steep hills fine and Honda continues to make the same high geared model year after year. People.... WE WANT MORE GEARS!!!

Other than that I'm happy with it.
post #8 of 62 Old 09-06-2014, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I would suggest that you test drive one first. If you are looking for something that can keep up mostly, reliable, and no belt than it would be for you. If you want something that has power and some utility I would test drive a 2014 Teryx. A 2014 teryx 4 will pull ahead of a 2014 razor 4 by two lengths of a start. I would try one out before you buy the Honda if you like to play more than work.
post #9 of 62 Old 09-06-2014, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MEHonda View Post
I would suggest that you test drive one first. If you are looking for something that can keep up mostly, reliable, and no belt than it would be for you. If you want something that has power and some utility I would test drive a 2014 Teryx. A 2014 teryx 4 will pull ahead of a 2014 razor 4 by two lengths of a start. I would try one out before you buy the Honda if you like to play more than work.

I agree completely. If you want to crawl up a hill and "make it" get the 700.

If you want to go up a hill with speed and gusto throwing a rooster tail get something else.

The Pioneer will do stuff, but not the same way as other SXS.
post #10 of 62 Old 09-06-2014, 10:48 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
I agree completely. If you want to crawl up a hill and "make it" get the 700.

If you want to go up a hill with speed and gusto throwing a rooster tail get something else.

The Pioneer will do stuff, but not the same way as other SXS.

To put it in a nutshell.......The 700 is more for a 40yr old not a 20yr old.
GhondaR and mark15857 like this.

I Like Girls.

Get your tailgate to lay flat by ordering new cables here...

Standard... https://www.ebay.com/itm/131687181672

Heavy Duty Stainless Steel... https://www.ebay.com/itm/132419193225

Now on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page