Changing Stall Converter - Page 3 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 40Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 85 Old 09-11-2014, 05:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
I'm a new member of the forum and have been reading comments about the Pioneer P4 and just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I live in Utah which is considered high elevation especially where I take the Pioneer into the mountains, I have done the front shock spacers and added the SSS full under armor for extra protection and noticed that it seems to keep down the dust from coming inside while riding. We trail ride some steep, rocky terrain and have been completely satisfied with the power to climb hills and rocks. Last weekend we were actually riding at about 9500 elevation and didn't have a bit of problem.
somethingnuw likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 85 Old 09-11-2014, 05:55 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
That's a issue the fact that a lot of people are staying quite. Either way good or bad stuff about the pioneer. Having a few loud supports and a few loud that opposes the pioneer isn't good. Thanks for speaking.

somethingnuw likes this.
post #23 of 85 Old 09-11-2014, 06:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT110 View Post
I'm a new member of the forum and have been reading comments about the Pioneer P4 and just thought I'd throw in my two cents. I live in Utah which is considered high elevation especially where I take the Pioneer into the mountains, I have done the front shock spacers and added the SSS full under armor for extra protection and noticed that it seems to keep down the dust from coming inside while riding. We trail ride some steep, rocky terrain and have been completely satisfied with the power to climb hills and rocks. Last weekend we were actually riding at about 9500 elevation and didn't have a bit of problem.
Which is interesting to say the least, the inconsistency of the pioneers performance from machine to machine is troubling.
somethingnuw likes this.

2012 Rzr 900XP Voo Doo Blue
2014 Honda Pioneer 4 Red
2013 Polaris 550XP Red (Kids)
2009 Suzuki 90 (Kids)
2009 Suzuki 50 (Kids)

post #24 of 85 Old 09-11-2014, 10:43 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CT110 View Post
Wow! So your content with the 3 speed high first gear it has?
post #25 of 85 Old 09-12-2014, 01:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Scott, thanks for the info... your right no super sxs... mine will be loaded down... i don't wont a tone of power... but a little more then 36 would be nice... maybe even stay at 36 just give us the option of gears... im the kinda of guy that could take a foreman 500 and hunt chickes with my kid in 2nd gear all day
post #26 of 85 Old 09-12-2014, 04:02 AM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
yes rmk700 I have big dogs and I only bought it for family fun also I am a true trans. lover and I had Hondas for forty years I also thank the more a person drives one the more they will love the pioneer

Last edited by CT110; 09-12-2014 at 04:33 AM.
post #27 of 85 Old 09-12-2014, 07:51 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Different expectations. What is steep to you? What is powerful? That's where these conflicting stories come in at.

36HP, 30% drive train loss, than another 20% for altitude...ehh...down to 20HP. You get what you see in DGriders video.
CSFI likes this.
post #28 of 85 Old 09-12-2014, 08:55 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toomanytoys View Post
Different expectations. What is steep to you? What is powerful? That's where these conflicting stories come in at.

36HP, 30% drive train loss, than another 20% for altitude...ehh...down to 20HP. You get what you see in DGriders video.
You "could" get what you see. CT110 implied his operate just fine at a more extreme altitude. If you not happy with what "you" got get "you" something else. I promise you there are ALOT more satisfied customers than non-satisified. I appreciate honest feedback, as it is important. But I for one, absolutely hate company bashing, because the shoe doesn't fit every foot. Move on with your life.
somethingnuw likes this.
post #29 of 85 Old 09-12-2014, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakescharles View Post
You "could" get what you see. CT110 implied his operate just fine at a more extreme altitude. If you not happy with what "you" got get "you" something else. I promise you there are ALOT more satisfied customers than non-satisified. I appreciate honest feedback, as it is important. But I for one, absolutely hate company bashing, because the shoe doesn't fit every foot. Move on with your life.

I want to see why some people on other forums and here, have a machine that won't climb an anthill at elevation and other people have a machine that will climb mount Everest. Somewhere along the line something is wrong. Either people are exaggerating and a steep hill to them is driving up the incline into their driveway, or we get video evidence(check youtube for Pioneer fail) that something is not right with the machines.

We can't deny that at "normal" elevations the Pioneer can climb hills, and trail ride. But there are numerous complaints all over the place that at high Altitudes the Pioneer does not perform.

Why does it perform for CT110 and not others?

Believe it not there is a problem here.

Also my earlier post. Don't try to make the Pioneer what it isn't. Adding parts, doing modifications to the engine is a waste of time and money. You will end up with sub par performance with more money spent.

Last edited by toomanytoys; 09-12-2014 at 09:04 AM.
post #30 of 85 Old 09-12-2014, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
I believe someone invited, the "lameduck" Pioneer to a side by side comparison to see if maybe he has a lemon. I will hold off judgement until that happens.

Lemon vehicle happen everywhere, I have experienced it three times. Brand New 2001 YZ250 Transmission failed within 10 minutes of riding, then failed again after a rebuild. Come find out, the mating lip of the gear shaft was round instead of a sharp angle. Brand New 2005 RMZ450, Bent Crank, busted head because of the nikasil plating flaked off with 5 hours on riding. Brand New 2008 RZR front differential bearing went out with in 30 hours, Sh!t happens, after all there are people putting these machines together.

**** I married a red head my first marriage, because I thought I would enjoy the ride. Turned out I was on the crazy train.
somethingnuw likes this.

Last edited by oakescharles; 09-12-2014 at 09:55 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page