Pioneer recall - Page 2 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 09:44 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Bummer! I was hoping the recall was replacing the three speed tranny for a five speed.
DG Rider, CSFI, Grader and 2 others like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 73 Old 09-20-2014, 01:59 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk700 View Post
Bummer! I was hoping the recall was replacing the three speed tranny for a five speed.
That would have been an update.... lol
bigsnowman likes this.
post #13 of 73 Old 09-20-2014, 06:04 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlern56 View Post
Thanks again toodeep. I might just take mine up there and try it then. I sure hope I get it before hunting season. I started this whole process earlier than I wanted to for fear of not getting it in time. Looks like I might have shorted myself still. Although he is saying parts are already shipping for fix. So who knows when.
I brought mine home in a 60" it was real tight. We aired up the tires to 30psi and it fit better.

post #14 of 73 Old 09-20-2014, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlern56 View Post
We'll I'm hoping so. I've had a 2011 mid size polaris 500 on there and a full size 2005 polaris 500. Both fit. Super tight. Not at same time. I just didn't want to be the one at the dealer trying to squeeze it on like an idiot. Lol. I will test fit here. Hopefully this deal will not take weeks to resolve. I'm sure mine will now be test drove a thousand times from people wanting to see one. Around here in Arkansas no dealer has had one for months. I've never even seen one in person. Lol
Turtlern.....to a certain extent I was that idiot at the dealership..... I was screamin busy at the shop right up until I left to pick up my Pioneer. Long story short, I had a mental lapse when I brought the aluminum ramp for loading my Foreman thinking it was going to work on the Pioneer. (It was only about 12" short.) They ended up loading it with their forklift. When I got home I used the ramps from my car trailer to unload.

I'll look for notice from my dealer about this recall. Thanks for the advance notice!
steelenuts likes this.

Member;
Minnesota United Snowmobilers Assn.
Brainerd Snodeos
Merrifield Marathons
Sno-Barons
ATVAM

Current Toys;
2014 Honda Pioneer M2 - SOLD
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9L Cummins
2002 Honda Foreman ES
2004 Cougar 281 EFS
2002 Arctic Cat ZR600 CCE

Last edited by bigsnowman; 09-20-2014 at 01:01 PM.
post #15 of 73 Old 09-20-2014, 01:19 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk700 View Post

And low range?
post #16 of 73 Old 09-20-2014, 05:51 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Very interesting...
I've given mine a good look and closing it up doesn't look like a good option. If high grass is the issue, every edge on the underside becomes a thresher. Even if you kept all the stems out, any ripe seeds will pile up in that "box" in which the engine sits. Cleaning after a ride would really be tough--with more "closing in" of things. You also have to consider that to close it in would bring temperatures even higher in that area.
I'm not an engineer (or even close), but it looks like closing things up more could possibly cause issues with a plastic fuel tank being in close proximity on the right side, and also raise engine temps to the point it could need a larger radiator--expensive fixes.
I'm going to take a wild guess, based upon the premise that nothing in that compartment is hot enough to ignite dry grass: except the exhaust system. The fix will be to add shielding around the exhaust manifold--extending back to where it goes into the muffler. It's much higher at that point, so should be clear of the area of buildup.
I replaced the stock exhaust on my old TRX-300 a few years ago. I put a Cobra system on it. The only problem was, it didn't have the heat shield that the OEM exhaust had. Got really hot on the inside of my right leg. I cured it up by using header wrap--sent all that heat out the back of the pipe. Maybe that approach would work here.
That's just my opinion. I could be wrong...
post #17 of 73 Old 09-20-2014, 06:02 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
When my rep called he thought they was making the holes bigger to let the debris fall out easier. I will find out for sure on Monday though.
post #18 of 73 Old 09-22-2014, 01:58 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I was closing on a Honda Pioneer 700-4 in Costa Rica when I read this recall notice and asked the salesman at the dealership if they'd be fixing the issue here in Costa Rica as well. The salesman said that the factory defect was already corrected in the units they have. I find this very hard to believe and I'm guessing they have no plans to fix the issues here. Am I being paranoid, is there any chance new Honda Pioneer 700-4's are already fixed? Or is this something that effects all units right now?

Last edited by Dick; 09-22-2014 at 08:11 AM.
post #19 of 73 Old 09-22-2014, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
When my rep called he thought they was making the holes bigger to let the debris fall out easier. I will find out for sure on Monday though.
If they do open the skid plates up more I am going to leave mine the way it is. Opening it up would just give more places for sticks to lodge, I am always pulling sticks out, they get in the strangest places. Field grass in not as big a problem for some of us.

I'll take the new skid plate though, might be able to modify it to fit some place else.
GhondaR likes this.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!

Last edited by Dick; 09-22-2014 at 08:07 AM.
post #20 of 73 Old 09-22-2014, 08:12 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondacr View Post
I was closing on a Honda Pioneer 700-4 in Costa Rica when I read this recall notice and asked the salesman at the dealership if they'd be fixing the issue here in Costa Rica as well. The salesman said that the factory defect was already corrected in the units they have. I find this very hard to believe and I'm guessing they have no plans to fix the issues here. Am I being paranoid, is there any chance new Honda Pioneer 700-4's are already fixed? Or is this something that effects all units right now?
@hondacr welcome to the forum. If you want to take a few pictures of your skid plate we can tell you if they are different than ours.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page