30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Pioneer recall

So after months of waiting finally supposed to pick up my 700-4 today. He sent me a picture of it delivered yesterday. Just got a message from salesman saying Honda has froze sales of pioneer due to a skid plate recall. Pretty pissed to say the least. Anybody heard of such? Or am I getting a run around?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Dear Honda Powersports Dealer:
Honda is launching a SAFETY RECALL on model year 2014 SXS700M4/M2 vehicles to replace the middle skid plate on affected units.

When the vehicle is operated in certain agricultural or grassland environments, dried brush and debris can accumulate on top of the middle skid plate. If not cleaned out periodically, accumulated brush and debris can create a potential fire hazard ignited by the exhaust system.

Effective immediately, YOU MUST NOT SELL any NEW or USED 2014 SXS700M4/M2 until it is repaired according to the Service Bulletin procedure.

NOTE: Your dealership will be violating Federal Law, violating your sales and service agreement, and risking chargeback of sales incentives if you sell any affected products listed in this notice prior to performing the repair procedure. If you have any questions about your responsibility, please refer to this link:
labjeep likes this.
post #3 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 10:40 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
The service bulletin for the repair won't be released until next week. From the required parts (not available yet) it looks like they are replacing the skid plate.

I can't believe they did a "stop sale" recall on this issue though. It's been there for about a year and they knew about it. It is an issue (we just have been telling customers to keep an eye on it) but not a new one.

Last edited by toodeep; 09-19-2014 at 10:43 AM.

post #4 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 10:43 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Dang it. I guess there it is. Third time I've had to borrow a trailer for suspected delivery for this bike. Frustrated to say the least. I have a 601/2" trailer. Just scared it won't fit. Thanks for the insight.
post #5 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 10:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
@toodeep any insight on how they will fix this? You think they will open it up more or close it in better.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!
post #6 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 10:55 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtlern56 View Post
Dang it. I guess there it is. Third time I've had to borrow a trailer for suspected delivery for this bike. Frustrated to say the least. I have a 601/2" trailer. Just scared it won't fit. Thanks for the insight.

I hear you on the frustrated part. With stock tires it will be tight but it will fit.

Last edited by toodeep; 09-19-2014 at 10:59 AM.
post #7 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 10:57 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm not sure on what they will do. Since the parts required involves a replacement skid plate I would guess they are closing it in more. I will know for sure next week when the bulletin is released.
post #8 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 11:00 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
With stock tires it will be tight but it will fit.
We'll I'm hoping so. I've had a 2011 mid size polaris 500 on there and a full size 2005 polaris 500. Both fit. Super tight. Not at same time. I just didn't want to be the one at the dealer trying to squeeze it on like an idiot. Lol. I will test fit here. Hopefully this deal will not take weeks to resolve. I'm sure mine will now be test drove a thousand times from people wanting to see one. Around here in Arkansas no dealer has had one for months. I've never even seen one in person. Lol
post #9 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Call your salesman and tell him you don't want a "demo" unit.... lol If they are any good they will keep the key out of it.

My trailer is 60 inches wide (a little wider in places from being bowed out over the years) and they just fit. With aftermarket wheels it would be a no go.

post #10 of 73 Old 09-19-2014, 11:19 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks again toodeep. I might just take mine up there and try it then. I sure hope I get it before hunting season. I started this whole process earlier than I wanted to for fear of not getting it in time. Looks like I might have shorted myself still. Although he is saying parts are already shipping for fix. So who knows when.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page