post #11 of 67 Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryan4703 View Post
Has anybody else experienced this. It seems like it only does it after I remove a large payload from the bed. (like firewood) The brake pedal will go to the floor but is fine after you push it again. Any Ideas?
The brakes work good until the load is unloaded/dumped?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 67 Old 11-25-2013, 09:19 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Sound like this is the first Pioneer TSB subject.
post #13 of 67 Old 11-26-2013, 09:19 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Maybe it is just a coincidence that it seems to happen after I empty a load from the bed, but like Moose said it doesnít happen every time itís just intermittent.

post #14 of 67 Old 11-26-2013, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Like what Ryan says. I hadn't really put much thought into it until probably about three days ago. I was pulling into the garage and went to apply the brakes as I normally do, but the pedal travel greatly increased and I ended up bumping my sons ATV bumper. I asked my wife about it as she runs loads for me a lot, and she hadn't recalled any such incident. I would say it has happened to me, maybe 4 times in all my miles. I don't ever do real heavy braking and use the engine brake in correlation. So nothing was over heated. And I hauled about a 1/2 load in it last night and had no issue. I checked the fluid and it looks fine. I also had all the tires off last week and upon visual inspection, nothing was wrong with the discs in the front.

I know someone here mentioned the parking brake. I do use it, but again, can't verify it's use before each incident.

I am keeping a lot closer eye on it now to see if I can narrow down an issue of cause.

Moose

Why do people call you Moose? Cause calling me Elk sounded funny

The Convoy

2014 Honda 700-4 (Optimus)
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2013 Polaris Outlaw 90 (Smokescreen) (kids)
2009 Suzuki King Quad 750 axi (Bulkhead)
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R
2008 Harley Davidson 1200 Nightster (hers)
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T Sublime 781 of 1500
2006 Harley Davidson Night Train
post #15 of 67 Old 11-26-2013, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
I had a few thoughts but none of them are really possible. The rear brake system is mounted pretty stationary to the final drive. My first thought was motor torque flexing the driveline just enough to put pressure on the disk/brake pads allowing them to compress a little. Not possible unless the pinion joint nut is missing or loose. Brake lines are all pretty stationary also and free of obstructions (unless a few machines was routed wrong from the factory).

I've looked over the machines I have here and nothing obvious has presented itself. If I hear anything from Honda or think of something to check I will post it up.
post #16 of 67 Old 11-26-2013, 03:51 PM

have you figured out what happened yet?
post #17 of 67 Old 11-27-2013, 08:18 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Brake pedal goes to the floor.

My Pioneer has done this also. When this happens on our aircraft it always involves bleeding the brakes due to air in the system. Requires two people to get the air out. One to open and close the line while another pushes the pedal. If so many owners are having this problem the factory is putting the brake fluid in improperly.
post #18 of 67 Old 11-27-2013, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardwaterflyer View Post
My Pioneer has done this also. When this happens on our aircraft it always involves bleeding the brakes due to air in the system. Requires two people to get the air out. One to open and close the line while another pushes the pedal. If so many owners are having this problem the factory is putting the brake fluid in improperly.
I have bled mine and it made no difference.
post #19 of 67 Old 11-29-2013, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
I think I may have discovered my problem. I purchased the aftermarket front a arm guards off of eBay. They don't fit reel well on they tire side, so every time you turn hard left or hard right the brake caliper was hitting the guard. I had the front end jacked up and would turn hard left and hard right and then press the brakes and every time the pedal would go almost to the floor. I adjusted them by bending the them and make sure they were not hitting. I then turned the wheel hard left and hard right and couldn't get the pedal to drop. I even drove it a couple of miles and couldn't get it to do it. Hopefully that is all it was.
post #20 of 67 Old 12-01-2013, 07:57 PM

I hope some of these other guys have the a arm guards. I just put them on this morning and noticed the brake pedal to the floor today. I haven't experienced this until today. Hopefully someone else could chime in

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page