LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Jim

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tundraman View Post
Take a look at the Polaris 570 full size. They are a nice machine for the money too. Saw a 15 priced for 9200 with rebate.

Wow.....that's a great price!

I just sold an 08 Ranger, and never was comfortable with the AWD drive.....other than that, I had no issues.

My ole Honda 300 FourTrax is like a Timex watch.....it's an '87 model, and still rocking.

I want to love the Honda so bad, but I never had a problem with my ole Rhino, just too small for me.

My brother in law loves his P2, and the fit and finish quality is amazing!

I'm just unfamiliar with the tranny, and still trying to gather as much info as I can. I'm pretty unbiased, and believe the Honda and Yamaha are the dependability leaders.

But hey, the shopping is FUN!

I'm like a kid on Christmas Eve!
Tornadorage likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 03:02 PM
tig

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Hmm 4WheelDirt is reporting that this thing is 61.4" wide. 2015 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec First Look - 4WheelDirt

Looks like a fun machine but it's in kindof a weird spot in the market. Seems a lot like a Teryx with 2" more travel but less bed capacity.
post #23 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 03:15 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Besides only being able to put 300 lbs in the bed it looks very customizable for your needs. A lot more little cubbies to store things, nice and adjustable shocks, bighorn tires, hard top standard, good belly protection, locking diff.....a bit spendy but the thing looks frickin' awesome to me.
Butch likes this.

post #24 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 03:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
My opinion-it looks better than the Viking & appears to be marketed to put a little more sport into the old Rhino's. In the video's, it looks like the suspension does an excellent job of soaking up the terrain. Plus it has a middle console & room for drinks (I have no idea if the other competitors do).
I was looking at getting the P500 in the next couple months for a first utv for mostly forest riding & getting the kids to learn to drive w/out being able to go too fast. I will definitely consider this Wolverine at time of purchase. Downside is 61" wide. I will have to check my forest trails to see if it would fit.

Is the drive train similar to the old Rhino's?
post #25 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 04:45 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
I wonder why in their comparision video's they compared it to the P4 and not the P2 or the P5? Maybe its closer to their price point.

They say you sit 5" lower in the Wolverine than the Pioneer which is a good thing, they wouldn't say that if they followed me accross my beaver pond road they would get their ass wet.
Duwop likes this.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!
post #26 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
A lot to like on the Yamaha like 2 low ranges, I guess around 48 HP as they said 30% more than a pioneer. The seating with the center console might be a bit narrow for the larger crowd. No tilt bed. I do not think it is sporty enough to take on the sport market especially when you compare it to a new RZR 900 with 75 HP or a Arctic cat trail cat with 65 HP. I am amazed that no 50 inch model. Over 40% of the market is in that niche and more and more trails are slated to be reduced to 50 inch every year.
post #27 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCart View Post
With the Wolverine? Why do you say that, please explain?
Well for one I think they missed a huge part of the market by not having a 50" model. Secondly they lack the HP to compete with the other sport models on the market. The dealers who carry these or for that matter who carry multiple brands need a manufacturer to come out with models that will compete with the overall market. Leaving out a 50" model and higher HP will make them hard to sell when sitting side by side to other manufacturers products. I think overall it will be a nice unit, but I do not think it has enough to compete in the market and will not take the percentage of the market that they are hoping for. For their sake I hope I am wrong, and its just my opinion. All that being said my family owned a Honda, Artic Cat, Yamaha, and Polaris dealership for many years. As someone with knowledge of the business workings and the competitiveness on the sales level I don't see it. What a lot of these manufacturers need to do in order to compete with a company like Polaris is start focusing on quality factory cab designs. I can honestly say that their cab is a huge reason Polaris gets the business they do especially in the colder climates. When people start dishing out 20 grand they want luxury/comfort even if that isn't what a side by side was meant for in all cases.

Again, I like the machine I just don't see it taking hold with it missing key market sectors.
post #28 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 06:41 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
It kind of looks like they are trying to appeal to the utility side & the recreation side. I really like what they did here but being almost the same size as the Viking, it looks like they might be competing with themselves a little.
Some good points above questioning what the competition really is for this & not being 50" might not make this a big hit. Sure looks fun though. I like some of the features & additions on this vs a p500 but don't think that is a fair comparison.
post #29 of 118 Old 01-20-2015, 11:46 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Hopefully this will be enough for Honda to step it up a bit rather than staying content with the same 675 cc three speed.
norcalmendo, JCart and Jim like this.
post #30 of 118 Old 01-21-2015, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk700 View Post
Hopefully this will be enough for Honda to step it up a bit rather than staying content with the same 675 cc three speed.
Doubtful but I hope so as well.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page