pioneer can't climb are they nuts - Page 5 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 30Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 42 Old 10-15-2015, 04:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I had a 2010 ranger. Was pretty. Frame sucked. Polaris did a survey asking what folks wanted. Most said more speed. I suggested lower gearing. Seems all the makers are hung up on speed. Have only had my pioneer about a month. So far am impressed with the 3 speed tranny and Honda did an awesome job of making the 700 a four seater. Great design. Don't thing we will be seeing deep gear reductions anytime soon. Don't care for high speeds. Would want some serious low gearing. Got to keep bitching to Honda for lower gearing. Maybe they will listen
varmit likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 42 Old 10-19-2015, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Honda at high altitude climbing

Just got back from Colorado Elk hunt. Had the Honda at 7500 to 10000 ft. elevation. Loaded with 4 people and hunting gear. No problems climbing. Climbed some very nasty hills. One hill at 40% grade we didn't climb. We did go about 2/3 of the way up it and had about 20 yards to go to make it. Might have gotten up it with a better run, but thought best as it was too steep to be on with an OHV. Others had flipped their ATVs over backwards on this hill according to the DOW guy.

While a lower gear could help the Honda climb steeper. I wont be going anywhere that this Honda cant climb at high altitude.

The Honda rides great on the rocks, ruts and bumps. Especially like the downhill descent control with the automatic.
TractorDr likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page