My 2 week old pioneer is rusting already - Page 2 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 10:55 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I've never used it personally, but doesn't Rustoleum make a rust encapsulation primer in spray cans?

Hit it with that and then a couple sprays of glossy black.

Moose

Why do people call you Moose? Cause calling me Elk sounded funny

The Convoy

2014 Honda 700-4 (Optimus)
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2013 Polaris Outlaw 90 (Smokescreen) (kids)
2009 Suzuki King Quad 750 axi (Bulkhead)
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R
2008 Harley Davidson 1200 Nightster (hers)
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T Sublime 781 of 1500
2006 Harley Davidson Night Train
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Really.....

I see you're irritated but guys like you are the worst. You've obviously had it in something corrosive. And you were in water and mud much higher than allowed. Read your owners manual.
Also stop trolling all honda dealers to post your pathetic meme on their social networks. If you have a problem take it up with your dealer and Honda.
Typicall I see this when someone has buyers regret, can't afford the machine, and just wants something to b*tch about.
It's NOT a manufacture defect.
post #13 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
welcome to the forum QUEENB !!!!!!
@ QUEENB please be respect full in youre responsis ......... this is a nice easy going forum without a lot of drama ......and we (moderators and members ) would like to keep it that way ........thanks rich
Rod and GaPioneer like this.

post #14 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 11:45 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by QUEENB View Post
I see you're irritated but guys like you are the worst. You've obviously had it in something corrosive. And you were in water and mud much higher than allowed. Read your owners manual.
Also stop trolling all honda dealers to post your pathetic meme on their social networks. If you have a problem take it up with your dealer and Honda.
Typicall I see this when someone has buyers regret, can't afford the machine, and just wants something to b*tch about.
It's NOT a manufacture defect.
Welcome to the forum. Honda probably should have sprayed a little paint inside the tubes or better yet capped them off but they didn't. It's not a big deal and an easy fix since it's just cosmetic rust that a power washer should be able to remove. Should it be up to the customer to touch up that little mistake? Probably not but it would most likely cost more to take it back to the dealer than it would to give it a couple squirts of paint.

When people drop 12 grand on a toy (most likely making payments) they can get a little picky. Buyers remorse might be a little of it also if it isn't performing like they would want. I don't know for sure but a little easy fix like this is nothing to worry about. If they wanted they could probably spend a lot of time calling Honda and they would send them a can of touch up paint free of charge. Would that be worth the time and hassle, most likely... no.

Best thing to do is paint it and then go enjoy a weekend with the family.
rich450es likes this.
post #15 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 02:09 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
That's why I posted this with concerns.I shouldn't have to spray paint a new item and nobody wants to help me. Yes I can wire brush it, prep it then paint it but I'm not. No brackish water either. I was at the dealer today visiting it. Lol, I noticed the brakes are not at ll rusty.. Nothing is except where there is no paint/powder coat on the frame and weld spots in the dump bed
post #16 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 02:28 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattamus1 View Post
That's why I posted this with concerns.I shouldn't have to spray paint a new item and nobody wants to help me. Yes I can wire brush it, prep it then paint it but I'm not. No brackish water either. I was at the dealer today visiting it. Lol, I noticed the brakes are not at ll rusty.. Nothing is except where there is no paint/powder coat on the frame and weld spots in the dump bed
Uh, your pictures clearly show that your rear brake rotor is rusted. You have clearly been in some type of corrosive environment whether knowingly or not. If you continue to ride in such conditions I would be diligent about touching up bad spots.

2012 Rzr 900XP Voo Doo Blue
2014 Honda Pioneer 4 Red
2013 Polaris 550XP Red (Kids)
2009 Suzuki 90 (Kids)
2009 Suzuki 50 (Kids)
post #17 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Not buyers regret or remorse and yes I can afford it. There is not rust on the brakes that is the back of the pad through the opening in the caliper. Just the way my iPhone took the picture. As long as honda won't help me I will keep posting it on honda facebook pages. There was no corrosive exposure other then the elements on a unpainted surface. These frames should be dipped not sprayed!
post #18 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 02:46 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
rust just doesn't happen ...... you need water , salt water or what ever to oxidize the steel .... yes honda didnt spray it very good but the guy that sprayed it is only human ......IMHO just touch it up and move on ......life is too short to cry over spilled milk

i see rust in the 2in receaver are you going after whoever made it (if honda didn't ) too ....lol

Last edited by rich450es; 12-13-2013 at 02:48 PM.
post #19 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 02:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
That was my bad on the brake thing. The pioneer isn't using the stainless backing plate on that side of the pad.

Good luck on your conquest Matt. If it was me I would just paint it. When you complain enough and if Honda does request the dealer to do it you don't know what kind of prep work they will go through. At least if you do it you know what has been done. Then you can post how you "fixed" Hondas mistake.
Mattamus1 likes this.
post #20 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 03:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
As a buyer, its a really good idea to give a machine a good once over. Then discuss any and all concerns with the salespeople or manager of the business, to have these issues addressed before purchase. If you brought that machine into my dealership with that under carriage looking to be soaked in salt, mud, sand (all of which can have corrosive properties) I am not sure I would be able to help you either.

And most warranties only cover rust through, not surface rust. Again, why its important to inspect first. Its also important to maintain a machine by caring for the finish.

Its unfortunate to be in a situation where you bought something and find a flaw after the fact. The problem is, now you own that flaw and have to deal with it. I bet we all have had a similar issue with something we buy now and again. It is what it is.

Moose

Why do people call you Moose? Cause calling me Elk sounded funny

The Convoy

2014 Honda 700-4 (Optimus)
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2013 Polaris Outlaw 90 (Smokescreen) (kids)
2009 Suzuki King Quad 750 axi (Bulkhead)
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R
2008 Harley Davidson 1200 Nightster (hers)
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T Sublime 781 of 1500
2006 Harley Davidson Night Train

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page