My 2 week old pioneer is rusting already - Page 3 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 04:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
The rust wasn't there when I bought it. I enjoyed it and love it. I already have a pile of boxes waiting to be installed on it ( winch mount,mirrors,bed extender etc) I also purchase the extra warranty. The dealership (broward motorsports) is on my side 100% and said stay on top of honda... This shouldn't happen. So that's what I'm doing. It's just sad that they would build it like this. Do I want a refund? No. It does all that I expect it to do. It was built to ride trails,hills,mud and roads so that's what I did. My fear is in 4-6 years is this thing gonna fold in half with my wife and two daughters because I couldn't get wd40 in a frame tube that's unprotected with no drain? Am I thinking to far ahead? My 27 yr old 3 wheeler will still be solid as a rock. My battle isn't with my fellow riders and motor heads. It's with honda. Please don't be mean or nasty to me and think I'm crying cause I can't afford my "buggy" I made nothing up. I posted pictures on Honda Facebook pages with my real name and my pictures I took with my iPhone . I am a honda guy at heart. In 06 I bought a ccbr1000 rr brand new with the extended warranty. 4 months later my wife said I'm pregnant. And I sold it with 940 miles on it. Not because I needed the money but because I needed to be here to raise someone. I have not been on two wheels since. Now I have two kids. we bought some acres of land to enjoy on the weekend near labelle fl. About 1 hr 45 mins away. To raise my children out of the city on the weekends. We now have a rancher 400, recon 250 and my beloved 200s.So that's why I bought this family truckster. After honda makes good with me the crying will stop!
nglauer likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 04:49 PM

Honda has never used fantastic quality steel

The answer?

Fluid Film 300
post #23 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 05:11 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
do you want honda to buy you a new frame? im just trying to wrap my head around what you want honda to do for some surface rust ??????

post #24 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 07:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
It seems like this would be common rust on any tube, it just so happens that since it isn't capped that you can see it. If the look is the issue I would just cap it. If you are legitimately concerned about the rust I would suggest spraying used oil, or a ton of some sort of rust inhibitor inside of all the frame tubes you can gain access to. Do that a couple times a year and rust won't form. But my guess is that you could cut any tube open on just about any machine that has been through water and mud and find that it will have started rusting. My feeling is that that all manufacturers account for this and factor it into the life expectancy of the vehicle. My 2 cents. hope it helps
post #25 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
My bad too on the brake rotor, when I blew up the picture on my droid it for sure the back of the brake pad. Still looks like rust, is the back of the pad steel or does it just look like rust in the pic. Anyway good luck with Honda, if the Dealer is 100% on your side just to keep you happy as a customer they would put it in the shop and shoot some good paint on the thin/bad spots. So I would say that the dealer is passing the buck but that's just what I would do as a dealer. Good luck with your Pioneer.

2012 Rzr 900XP Voo Doo Blue
2014 Honda Pioneer 4 Red
2013 Polaris 550XP Red (Kids)
2009 Suzuki 90 (Kids)
2009 Suzuki 50 (Kids)
post #26 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 11:08 PM

Not sure I have ever owned an off road vehicle, or any vehicle for that matter that wasn't missing a little undercarriage paint here or there. If you think by continuously spamming Honda forums and facebook pages you will get your way I think I can give you the answer to that now. I have never understood people who want to scream and yell and think the outcome will be in their favor.
post #27 of 85 Old 12-13-2013, 11:53 PM

Wow some of you guys are harsh. First time poster here. I bought a pioneer last month. It came in on the truck to dealer and I picked it up. It was stored in my garage from that night on. After two rides in the florida sugar sand I washed it off and I too have rust in the same spots on those tubes as well as the tube that runs behind the front seat. Kinda crappy if you ask me. I addressed it with the dealer who is a personal friend of mine and he said I was the third person that week to complain. I took some dry cloth and ran it through then made sure it was good and clean. After that I sprayed rustoleum fog in it and should be fine. I see the guys frustration. You spend $12000 on something and have surface rust the first week? Hopefully Honda fixes it in the future. Mine has never seen water other than the hose BTW.
Mattamus1 likes this.
post #28 of 85 Old 12-14-2013, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Garage
Big deal! Ride it and have fun. We don't buy atvs/utvs to be garage queens (at least I don't).
post #29 of 85 Old 12-14-2013, 05:01 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernmost View Post
Wow some of you guys are harsh. First time poster here. I bought a pioneer last month. It came in on the truck to dealer and I picked it up. It was stored in my garage from that night on. After two rides in the florida sugar sand I washed it off and I too have rust in the same spots on those tubes as well as the tube that runs behind the front seat. Kinda crappy if you ask me. I addressed it with the dealer who is a personal friend of mine and he said I was the third person that week to complain. I took some dry cloth and ran it through then made sure it was good and clean. After that I sprayed rustoleum fog in it and should be fine. I see the guys frustration. You spend $12000 on something and have surface rust the first week? Hopefully Honda fixes it in the future. Mine has never seen water other than the hose BTW.
welcome to the forum !!!!!
as you said youres did the same thing , you live in florida, ride in the same sugar sand and its hondas fault ..... i just don't get it i live 40 miles from the great SALT lake (i can see it from my shop) and nothing i own or work on has rust on it (after they get 30 years on them you will see rust ) but youre sugersand has no salt in it ???????? come on guys ...... just prime and paint them so we can move on (better yet pm me youre address and i will send you both 1 can of walmart primer and 1 can of black paint if you pay shipping ) !!!!!!!!!
illuminati and CSFI like this.
post #30 of 85 Old 12-14-2013, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Just got done riding and noticed rust like yours

Here are some pics of mine. The rust isn't very bad but there definitely is some there.Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0218.jpg
Views:	192
Size:	223.6 KB
ID:	905

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0220.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	234.5 KB
ID:	913

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0221.jpg
Views:	178