In a Pickup - Page 2 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 90 Old 08-28-2013, 04:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thats what I would think too i mean it would be a light load either but it would be so much easier to load it in to a decent sized trailer that has a lower ground clearance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 90 Old 08-28-2013, 05:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Time for a toy hauler, hitch behind the camper to pull a trailer (if your state allows it), flat bed on the pickup (like the hick farmers have) or they do make platforms to load atv/sxs on top of the box (platform sits on the rails/side of the box). With the platform I would get bags for the truck to help stiffen everything up, that would be quite a load up off of the ground.
dubsdime00 likes this.
post #13 of 90 Old 08-29-2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Garage

post #14 of 90 Old 08-29-2013, 01:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)

This is nice because now you have space to store stuff inside the bed and keep it out of water and rain. Could throw all your gear in there.
post #15 of 90 Old 08-29-2013, 03:34 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoops View Post

This is nice because now you have space to store stuff inside the bed and keep it out of water and rain. Could throw all your gear in there.
YES, thats what it looks like its going to come down to, Is that piece mounted straight to the bed or does it move like a flatbed tow truck? Getting the Pioneer up there may be a little stressful...

Check out this madness I just stumbled upon. Guy in the comments claims it retails for about $5.5K

post #16 of 90 Old 08-29-2013, 07:24 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post
YES, thats what it looks like its going to come down to, Is that piece mounted straight to the bed or does it move like a flatbed tow truck? Getting the Pioneer up there may be a little stressful...

Check out this madness I just stumbled upon. Guy in the comments claims it retails for about $5.5K

Load It - Over the Cab ATV/UTV Loading System - YouTube
thats crazy, talk about making good use of space. For $5.5k it aint cheap but well worth it if you really need a setup like this badly and if you will use it enough
post #17 of 90 Old 08-29-2013, 07:27 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
It looks like it has 12ft ramps for loading/unloading on that brand/type. I picked to show it because I remembered seeing that atv.com did a review. There are all kinds of them out there though so possibly one is a slide off/load type of one. It would probably be a pretty penny though. Here's a vid from their site.

Experience DiamondBack ATV Carrier: Safety - YouTube
post #18 of 90 Old 08-30-2013, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I would imagine it would have to be bolted down to the bed somehow.
post #19 of 90 Old 08-30-2013, 12:22 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoops View Post
I would imagine it would have to be bolted down to the bed somehow.
Im sure it fits into the eye holes on the box lips, although some drilling may have to be, no matter anyways.

Cheers on the link, they do seem to make a quality product, although im going to check with the local metal shop and see if they can make me up something for a little cheaper, they're familiar with my demands so it should be comparable

That over cab set up is certainly serious, I dont think I need that much space but you never know, as the kids get older it may be too uncool to whip in the SxS with ol Pop...

Wonder if that setup is removable or if i need to look like a mini car carrier day in day out..
post #20 of 90 Old 08-30-2013, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redhead View Post

Load It - Over the Cab ATV/UTV Loading System - YouTube

Never seen this type of hitch and load system before but it looks like a solid piece. I would have to be constantly checking on the straps just in case. Not a bad option now we just have to look at the price.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page