LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 08:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duwop View Post
Take a look at Pacer Performance fender flares at Amazon. These are inexpensive and you can add 2 to 4 inched which might just do the trick.
These are acutally the best "alternative" ive seen yet. i may order a sample strip to look at mounting options. 2-3 inches is likely all it will take.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 10:42 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
So just to understand you clearly.... You want to go fast through mud and water in a utility vehicle that has no cab or windshield and not get wet or dirty?

Then, you are willing to take a loss and trade it in because you thought that you would stay clean and dry while riding fast through mud and water in a utility vehicle with no cab or windshield?

Two words for you........
1. coveralls
2. goggles
mayoaaron, Alex3650 and Bullseye like this.

I Like Girls.

Get your tailgate to lay flat by ordering new cables here...

Standard... https://www.ebay.com/itm/131687181672

Heavy Duty Stainless Steel... https://www.ebay.com/itm/132419193225

Now on Amazon... https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&condition=new
post #13 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 11:31 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
No machine is perfect for everybody, we should be able to post our Pioneer gripes here without worrying about being attacked.

I have yet to ride in muddy, rainy conditions (the snow seems fine) and if it's as bad as swamperat and few other claim it is, I'd hope an aftermarket company will come up with some flared fenders just for my wife's sake. She my not want to ride in it with me.
foggy likes this.

post #14 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I take back what I said and apologize to Swamprat as I mixed his and anothers post. I deleted my post.
post #15 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
I have a windshield on mine and I notice when driving fast on wet roads a fine spray comes in from the back, the only way to eliminate that is to get a top and back panel. My jeep does the same thing with the top down.

Wet sticky mud does throw up from the front tires I don't think it would take much of a flare to help a lot. I find the tires sticking out a bit are nice in tight trail riding though.

Are there other side by sides that don't kick up mud? I was out with a RZR and he came back dirtier than me.

Assignment Pioneer Forum... Find some fender flares.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!
post #16 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 12:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swamprat View Post
These are acutally the best "alternative" ive seen yet. i may order a sample strip to look at mounting options. 2-3 inches is likely all it will take.
If and when you do please post back update as a lot of us are very interested in options. I would have done it but I have a lot on my plate currently.
post #17 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I wonder if different tires would help?
post #18 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Farmer View Post
So just to understand you clearly.... You want to go fast through mud and water in a utility vehicle that has no cab or windshield and not get wet or dirty?

Then, you are willing to take a loss and trade it in because you thought that you would stay clean and dry while riding fast through mud and water in a utility vehicle with no cab or windshield?

Two words for you........
1. coveralls
2. goggles
With all due respect, I don't consider 15-20 MPH on a graded dirt/gravel road or protection levee "riding fast". The pioneer is acknowledged as slower than every other competitive SxS. I did not purchase it for speed to begin with.

I have a ranger and rhino that do not have this problem.

I'm not talking about riding through 12" of water or soft mud and bulldogging water and mud over the hood and into the cockpit.

The overspray I'm referring to is equivalent to riding a bicycle with no fender in the rain on the concrete. It's coming off of the side lugs of the tires and straight up past the edge of the front fenders.

With 600 miles on the bike and spending 2-3 hours a day in the drivers seat, it's not just a random occurrence that I'm spouting off about.

As far as taking a loss goes, yes, I guess I will have to. I use this vehicle 20-30 hours a week for my business and being in the weather this time of year isn't easy dry, much less covered in spray. The mid sized ranger offers a dryer ride.

As far as a cab/windshield goes, without a windshield wiper and washer, the windshield would be rendered completely unable to see through after a half mile run. If there were an easy fix to this, this thread would never have been started. I'll be looking into the above mentioned flares for a possible solution. I started a thread on this same matter six + weeks ago looking for a solution and am still entertaining the notion that one May exist.
post #19 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 12:36 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mnhntr View Post
I take back what I said and apologize to Swamprat as I mixed his and anothers post. I deleted my post.
Apology accepted. Thank you.
post #20 of 72 Old 01-26-2014, 12:51 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RacerX400600 View Post
I wonder if different tires would help?
It's a good possibility that a different tire would change the spray pattern, but I don't think he is looking to make that kind of investment and not get results at this point.

I can't speak to if the BH's are better or worse at this. Snow has a lot different properties to its flight off a tire then water.

Moose

Why do people call you Moose? Cause calling me Elk sounded funny

The Convoy

2014 Honda 700-4 (Optimus)
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2013 Polaris Outlaw 90 (Smokescreen) (kids)
2009 Suzuki King Quad 750 axi (Bulkhead)
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R
2008 Harley Davidson 1200 Nightster (hers)
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T Sublime 781 of 1500
2006 Harley Davidson Night Train

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page