Sell me on a hardtop - Honda Pioneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 18 Old 04-27-2014, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Sell me on a hardtop

Tomorrow will be 34 days since I put a deposit down on a red 700-4, I'm going nuts waiting, still not even on the shipping schedule last time I checked with the dealer. So, I've been looking at all of the pics on here and trying to decide if I want some kind of a top. I've ordered a half windshield so far. Most riding will be on dirt and gravel roads and I'm worried about dust swirling up into the cab. Is it better to run no top at all? I'm really not liking the looks of the OEM hardtop, the soft top looks likes it fits loosely and may flap around some or be an issue when trailering. The EMP top looks great, but does it fit the front part of a 700-4? They say it's only made for the 2up. I know, lots of questions, help please

2007 Honda Rincon
2014 Honda Pioneer 700-4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
I don't like the looks of the roofs on the 4's, but I have to have a roof.

I have a 2 and the roof looks alright from the front, but from the rear it looks to tall.

2014 Pioneer 2
2011 Dodge Cummins "deleted"
post #3 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 08:38 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I am looking at building my own out of Diamond Plate Aluminum, but time will tell. I would like to have a roof for sun blockage.
Not exaclty sure which way to go ?????????????????

2007 Grand Cherokee, Mercedes Diesel (Wifes)
2000 VW Jetta TDI Diesel (Daughters)
1998 Dodge Cummins Diesel (Mine)
2000 Dodge Dakota, Isuzu Diesel (Mine)
1999 Kubota BX2200 Diesel (Yards)

Brought my RED 2014 Pioneer 700-4 home on 03/28/2014. Best Birthday present ever !!!!!!

post #4 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 02:45 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I've got the honda hard roof and the EMP roof. I like the EMP one better cause of the flush mount.
EMP is going to make one I guess they got a P4 lined up for R&D I never did hear anything. They needed one to make the mounts for the rear bumper so the bed would dump.
post #5 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 03:07 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Garage
i'm waitin' on their 4p top
post #6 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I received an email from EMP today. They said be looking for their P4 roof in early June. Their a arms guards fit perfect on the P4 also (I figured they would fit, EMP just couldn't verify).
post #7 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
I'd wait. The factory top adds pointless height and is ugly. The EMP 2P looks to resolve both issues. In the meantime, a tarp and some bungee cords.
post #8 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 09:02 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I've got the soft top it works great, doesn't flap around at all. I had the same concern I'm very happy with it
post #9 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 09:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
I can't advise on a top but I can give some 1st impressions and thoughts on what I have noticed. I too like the looks of the EMP roof for the 2P and figured I would get the bimini from Honda then wait till they come out for 4P. I also bought the Honda hardcoat split windshield and that's probably going to be a problem due to the lip on it for an EMP but maybe they read these forums. So after about 40 miles or so here's what I see so far since putting them on.
1. A windshield is GREAT
2. The Bimini top doesn't flop around and it's starting to grow on me. I didn't like the looks at first and I still haven't drilled the 2 holes in the lip to fasten it.
3. It sucks dust into the cab but I'm still waiting on a plastic rollup panel to put behind the seat.
4. Just stick the blow nozzle on the air compressor and blow off and out the dust. Even works on the windshield.
5. Was raining slightly this evening and got machine out and went for a ride which we would have never done before and saw a beautiful double rainbow and stayed dry with the exception of a few sprinkles. Priceless

Pioneer P700-4
Pioneer P500
post #10 of 18 Old 04-28-2014, 09:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
With the half windshield he shouldn't have any dust problems. I have only came across that with the full windshield and no back panel.

As far as the top goes it works for sun shade and protection from the weather but it also deflects branches from hitting you on top of the head.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page