10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #101 of 108 Old 05-15-2014, 06:03 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride_red3447 View Post
It won't be a bad choice, I love mine.. I really don't want to buy a polaris and fight all the issues and power isn't as big of an issue for me as the suspension and ground clearance.. The pioneer at stock is way too low.. After adding 28's it got a little better.. But this weekend will be my first ride since adding the lift so we'll see how much it helps.. My pioneer is paid off already so I'm hoping I can save enough by next year to buy a new one and keep the pioneer.
I assume the power will be just fine for me. I'm over the speed thing; I just want something that will take me, and a couple'o'friends, anywhere I want to go. I'm next in line at my dealer so hopefully it won't be long.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #102 of 108 Old 05-15-2014, 07:12 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
The new 500 is kind of a 2-up atv and sxs crossed. I bet it still sells good and for the mud crowd there are gear reductions out already for them (just guessing they kept the same gears in the motor). The lack of the locker will hurt them a little with that market though. For a trail machine I bet it will do just fine.

I would have to see one in person but I think the first thing I would do (if I owned one) is take off the rear rack and fenders and build a box on the machine. Might bring the body lines a little closer. From the pics the front looks a mile in the air while the back looks like it would have trouble clearing larger tires. Even a body lift just for the rear might make it look better.

I'm so glad I went to bed last night and didn't wait for the redline. I was hoping for something "new". Revamping the 4 wheelers into sxs is working but that is something they should have done years ago, today they need to put some new stuff in them and get on top.
post #103 of 108 Old 05-15-2014, 08:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
The tires don't look very aggressive on the 500, no diff lock, speed limited, looks like Honda wanted this one to stay on the managed trails.

I am glad they came out with this, keeps our P4's top of the heap for another year or so. Maybe selfish but I hate buying something and a better one comes out right away. Its like we got a little brother, he may be better than us someday but not today!

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!

post #104 of 108 Old 05-15-2014, 08:40 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
I think they will stay with the pioneer 700 like ours for at least 2-3 years before a big change.

post #105 of 108 Old 05-15-2014, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
The new 500 is kind of a 2-up atv and sxs crossed. I bet it still sells good and for the mud crowd there are gear reductions out already for them (just guessing they kept the same gears in the motor). The lack of the locker will hurt them a little with that market though. For a trail machine I bet it will do just fine.

I would have to see one in person but I think the first thing I would do (if I owned one) is take off the rear rack and fenders and build a box on the machine. Might bring the body lines a little closer. From the pics the front looks a mile in the air while the back looks like it would have trouble clearing larger tires. Even a body lift just for the rear might make it look better.

I'm so glad I went to bed last night and didn't wait for the redline. I was hoping for something "new". Revamping the 4 wheelers into sxs is working but that is something they should have done years ago, today they need to put some new stuff in them and get on top.
This is off topic but you mentioned a gr already out for the 500.. My question is do you know of a clutch kit available for the P4?
post #106 of 108 Old 05-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
No clutch kit since the P4 uses a torque converter.
post #107 of 108 Old 05-15-2014, 11:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Ah yeah that's true.
post #108 of 108 Old 05-16-2014, 08:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am really liking the new 500 its narrow to get me into my trees and a manual trans that will have the torque I need to drag trees out of the woods. The rear flat rack/bed is perfect I can adapt as I see fit and change bed containers/boxes as needed. I would have to see a yellow model first to see if it is really as tasteless as others say, otherwise it will be HondaRed for me.10.1'' of ground clearance when I change to a 25'' tire definitely works for me. I am after a Workhorse not a "speed machine" so this fits almost everything I am looking for as far as form and function. The price is also great.
RacerX400600 and norcalmendo like this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page