New honda sxs 2014 - Page 3 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 108 Old 05-08-2014, 06:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
They are paying as much as cars for these SXS's you would think even someone like Subaru with the refined 4wd system they have perfected could easily build one. Just use a lot of the same parts as the cars and a nice aluminum frame. Be a nice machine.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 108 Old 05-08-2014, 08:52 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
A name badge and Honda shirt doesn't make you intelligent!!

2014 pioneer 700/2 Camo
2010 rancher 420 4x4
2011 F-250 xlt
post #23 of 108 Old 05-08-2014, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
I found this interesting read that may explain a little why Honda is the way they are today. I'll be surprised if we ever see a displacement much bigger than what is present thanks to customers that will not take responsibility for their negligence.

Honda ATV Litigation in Retrospect - FindLaw

Last edited by rmk700; 05-08-2014 at 10:14 PM.

post #24 of 108 Old 05-08-2014, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scubasteve View Post
A name badge and Honda shirt doesn't make you intelligent!!
But what if I wear them while staying at a holiday inn ?
scubasteve likes this.
post #25 of 108 Old 05-08-2014, 10:41 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
That's good!

2014 pioneer 700/2 Camo
2010 rancher 420 4x4
2011 F-250 xlt
post #26 of 108 Old 05-08-2014, 11:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk700 View Post
I found this interesting read that may explain a little why Honda is the way they are today. I'll be surprised if we ever see a displacement much bigger than what is present thanks to customers that will not take responsibility for their negligence.

Honda ATV Litigation in Retrospect - FindLaw

Correct, the suits and ties are what controls our sport. The US90 was the best tool to hit the market in 69. Farmers/ranchers found out fast that they had a use for it, including the recreational riders.

Anyone that has ridden one of those first balloon tired 90's knows that you had to learn how to ride it. I'm not that old but was fortunate enough to learn on one (plus every other ATC made) when growing up. I learned how to wreck and ride in the same lesson most of the time.

Being in the dealership I get to see first hand how the suits control stuff. The paper work that I have to do, things I have to read on new models is crazy. I have to read through every setup instruction for every machine that Honda produces (online stuff so they see what we do). It doesn't matter if it is a machine I will ever see to setup or not, it has to be read. This is all because of an accident that happened years ago and the only thing they could find to fault Honda was the dealer not reading the set up instructions. Of course Honda had to pay on that one even though it had nothing to do with a fault of the bike, it was the rider. You just have to get the jury to go one way to get the money.. Makes it a pain to the legit cases though, the boy the cried wolf comes to mind....
post #27 of 108 Old 05-09-2014, 10:07 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I guess I don't understand how a company can be so conservative in one segment and only build a 700 class atv/side by side but in various other segments they're building high performance stuff. I guess I see it as market driven, and the market is more powerful atv's and side by sides.

Ransom Proctor

2014 Grizzly 700
2013 Ranger 900XP
2008 Sportsman 500
2009 Honda Recon ES
2006 Predator 90
post #28 of 108 Old 05-09-2014, 12:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Take this for what it's worth but I was talking to a local honda salesman this morning and he said he has a new SxS to arrive on the 15th of this month and they don't know what it will be til it gets here but he said he thinks it will be a true crew cab in a 700.. I asked about the sport model and he said middle of next year they expect it.. I asked him about it and he said all he has heard is that it looks sick (awesome) and to expect around an 850 cc but no 1000.

toodeep may can elaborate or discredit this one way or another.. But usually when this salesman tells me something, it's pretty close to accurate.. I've known and done business with him for years.
post #29 of 108 Old 05-09-2014, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's posts like yours ride red that keeps me dreaming!
post #30 of 108 Old 05-09-2014, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride_red3447 View Post
Take this for what it's worth but I was talking to a local honda salesman this morning and he said he has a new SxS to arrive on the 15th of this month and they don't know what it will be til it gets here but he said he thinks it will be a true crew cab in a 700.. I asked about the sport model and he said middle of next year they expect it.. I asked him about it and he said all he has heard is that it looks sick (awesome) and to expect around an 850 cc but no 1000.

toodeep may can elaborate or discredit this one way or another.. But usually when this salesman tells me something, it's pretty close to accurate.. I've known and done business with him for years.
I haven't heard anything yet but I also haven't seen our sales rep for a couple months. As far as the one this month goes it should be the same as every other one out there, unless they are getting a prototype to test... I look for the 500 class SXS to come out this year, if they can price it right. The 850 sounds about like I was thinking they would come out with but that is hard to say..

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page