10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 12:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
New honda sxs 2014

I'm new here, but I just talked to a salesman at a honda dealership and I was told that there will be a new model released this month does anyone know about this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 01:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Speculation is that there is a 2015 sport SxS in the works, but who knows for sure. Don't expect a RZR 1000 killer.
post #3 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 02:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm holding out on my sxs purchase for another year in hopes of Honda or Yamaha releasing something that fits my desire a little more...

Note I said desire, not needs. Lol!!

post #4 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 02:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
I was at a local dealer here in MO and the sales manager mentioned a 500 sport model of some sort. I would guess to compare up against a rzr 570, but that's all he would say....i'll believe it when I see one.

Ransom Proctor

2014 Grizzly 700
2013 Ranger 900XP
2008 Sportsman 500
2009 Honda Recon ES
2006 Predator 90
post #5 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 07:33 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ransom Proctor View Post
I was at a local dealer here in MO and the sales manager mentioned a 500 sport model of some sort. I would guess to compare up against a rzr 570, but that's all he would say....i'll believe it when I see one.
Could it be based off of the Rubicon's motor and tranny? Would be pretty slow...but at least it'd have a low range.
I saw somewhere that someone commented that whatever is coming would be "smaller than a Pioneer". A 50"er?
post #6 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 09:11 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
I wish they'd used the Rubicon Tranny on the Pioneer. I guess if you want power you've got to go with Polaris or Can am. Because Honda or Yamaha are never going to step up to the plate and get back in the game.
post #7 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
I called around to five or six dealers today and one happened to say something along the lines of it probably will be a 500 not as big as the pioneer but he said he didn't see a sport model anytime soon. Honda told him there would be a sport model eventually but not now. He also said that there is four new models coming out this year not models of the pioneer but a completely different model. I think they know more than they let on...
post #8 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 10:07 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
No they don't (dealers that is). Honda did mention possibly a couple more machines to the SxS line but that was the only info given. The only thing that would make sense to me would be a 500 class and up in the 800-900 class. Both would probably be work orientated with a splash of trail machine mixed in. Our sales rep did mention the thought of building one off of the Rubicon motor/transmission but I don't think he knows crap... lol

The way I see it they can't keep up with the Pioneer now. They won't be in any hurry to release any info.
Da-veed, Kyhunter and scubasteve like this.
post #9 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 11:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks for chiming in toodeep. Was hoping to hear from you. Any and all new additions are welcome in my book.

I have seen random comments in other recent honda articles on UTV websites that lead me to believe something is/may be coming.

What time of year does Honda normally make announcements?
post #10 of 108 Old 05-06-2014, 11:53 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
It's hard to say. They have released some info on the motorcycle side already but that is unchanged stuff. Most of the time it's Aug/Sept if it's a new product but if they think it's going to be a hot item they might release it earlier. They like to keep things quiet just in case something doesn't work out and the product can't be released. Like this year the leak was they was offering the 4 wheelers in both SRA and IRS models. Only the Rancher AT got that option and the IRS model was just an unchanged model form the previous year.

I seriously quit trying to guess what they might do as far as the ATV/UTV line goes. I know what they could do to make sales increase (not even going to the big, high horsepower machines) but they just keep floating along with the line they have already. Stuff is still selling good though, but it could always sale better..

I don't know this for a fact but I think the little shutdown in 2010 hurt them more than it helped them. Shuffling the plants around isn't helping with production either. I'm hoping they get organized, make a plan and go with it. I know they are trying to save money but it has to be costing them money also if product isn't being built/sold.
Rancher Guy likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page