LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 04-27-2015, 01:39 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick View Post
You would think if it was something to do with the oil change it would have happened to one of us here as most of us do our own oil changes. I run mine over full by at least a 1/2 quart. I wonder if they unhooked something doing the valves. What about that washer that sticks to the filter didn't we hear that leaving that out could affect shifting?

I noticed in the service manual that Honda recommends using 0.7 oz of oil on the air filter. I use over 2 oz on mine and still never see any smoke.

For some reason I thought you had more than 600 miles on your machine Scott.
Washer on the oil filter? I got about 720 miles.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 17 Old 04-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
Washer on the oil filter? I got about 720 miles.
The washer is more of a spring seat so the spring doesn't cut into the rubber. It sticks to the old filter when you take it off and if you are not aware of it can discard it easily by mistake. There was talk that it could cause shifting problems if left out but never heard of it actually happening to anyone or never did understand how that would cause shifting problems anyway.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!
post #13 of 17 Old 04-27-2015, 04:13 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Oh yea i know what your talking about now. They could have lost misplaced or forgot that washer it would be easy. I wish i would of just done all the service now but when i bought it they gave me a great deal on a 4 year service plan. I knew the pioneer would be more aggravating then a regular atv so it seemed like it would be good to just let them do it all. Will pass on all the info from here and tell them and i hope it gets fixed. Taking it tomorrow will update when i get it back. Hoping they fix it quick this has messed up my turkey hunting lol. As soon as they get it back to me i'm gone. lol. I would of taken it in sooner but i was hours away from home with it. Out in the woods for 5 days and wasn't going to end my trip to come home.

post #14 of 17 Old 04-27-2015, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Forgetting that washer on the filter should cause no issues, I see it all the time. I came across a few that was missing the washer and the spring, lets just say that filter was doing nothing in there.. lol
scott likes this.
post #15 of 17 Old 05-03-2015, 09:15 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
@scott, Did you get this straightened out?
I did my 600 mile service yesterday and rode a little over 16 miles afterward, shifted fine. I was a little nervous about it after reading this thread. The only problem was washing the air filter, I used dish detergent but it didn't work well at all. The dealer did the first service at 100 miles & whatever they used to oil the filter was very sticky, I will use solvent next time.
post #16 of 17 Old 05-03-2015, 08:32 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Have no idea what it was. Took it to dealer they didn't find anything wrong either. It is running good now and shifting good. So clueless. I use K&N air filter oil on mine after i wash it. I used the K&N air filter cleaner also. That sticky stuff helps catch dust and whatever else.

dieselmax likes this.
post #17 of 17 Old 05-03-2015, 09:38 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Glad you got it fixed.
I don't think any dust is going to get through that sticky stuff, just a pain to wash it out.
scott likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page