IS THERE A DRAIN PLUG ON 700-4 pioneer??? - Honda Pioneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 6 Old 05-11-2019, 05:28 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
IS THERE A DRAIN PLUG ON 700-4 pioneer???

I'm in the bush....internet SUCKS...I cannot find anything on youtube about removing OR draining the fuel tank...I do NOT see a drain plug....The dealer did not even KNOW that the fuel filter is NOT sold separately....Blah, blah...

So, hopefully someone with good internet or knowledge can direct me to a schematic of the fuel tank removal, OR, where the drain plug is.....IF there is one....

My machine is not shifting or powering up a hilll, I've treated, ran it dry, etc....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 05-11-2019, 06:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Garage
Is it missing or just low on power? It a hit and miss but the 700 is known to eat a camshaft.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #3 of 6 Old 05-11-2019, 06:23 PM

There's no drain.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

post #4 of 6 Old 05-11-2019, 09:40 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
It starts great...idles great...runs up to 39 mph on flat ground, shifts, but...up a hill it lacks the upper end power as in past...coming down the hill it's shifting but at the upper end, say 35=39 mph , it does sputter....

and it was sputtering, etc but I ran it down, fill and filtered the new gas...treated...and it went better for a bit, then sputtered alot, on and off...then goes ok on flat ground...

so, looking for schematic to drop the tank and look at the fuel filter....

and the motor just does not seem to open up at the top in as in the past....so, think I have some bad gas, but, cheez, not a clogged filter....

any links to a diagram of dropping the tank is appreciated, I've not found it yet...
post #5 of 6 Old 05-20-2019, 07:05 AM
Mag

What year is it?
My 2014 I believe it was had a loose pc in the spark arrester that blocked the flow causing similar power loss. This was not a recall at the time I had the issue but they replaced the arrester which resolved the issue
post #6 of 6 Old 06-27-2019, 09:03 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
there is a limp mode for major problems that prevents it from shifting into 3rd....
my problem...i screwed the dipstick into the hole to check oil level, as on EVERY other honda motor or kawa, polaris, etc...

sooo, i'm low on oil nad maybe in limp mode..motor runs fine...but hits limp mode at 18...

sooo, just changing/adding more oil, but, probably will have to send out machine via barge to get limp mode reset...IF I did not damage a motor..

but right in the book, it says, do NOT screw in dipstick....incredible...an industry standard as far as I know...but....live and learn....hope it's limp mode....

but I gotta say..NO DEALER had any idea about the no shift/rpm low mode....but it's in the service manual...

GET A MANUAL with every new vehicle....****, I've been in this business since I was a kid....never thunk...don't screw in the dip stick to checck......

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page