Honda Pioneer Forum banner

2014 700-4 transmission question

20K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Raymond 
#1 ·
OK, I am an ad My 2014mitted newby to really anything UTV/ATV oriented. My 2014 700-4 came from a fellow that took really good care of it, but i want to do a maintenance routine and switch everything over to Amsoil since I am a dealer and put in everything. My question is are the engine and tranny fluids the same. I was thinking that since it had a fully auto transmission that it would take an ATF fluid. But as I have tried to find the answer I get the idea that there is just one fluid/oil that services both.

Also my Amsoil garage recommends a WIX filter, but I would like any opinons on OEM vs. WIX.

Thanks in advance,

Rich

#4 ·
The trans and engine oil are the same. They share the same case one drain plug one fill tube. It takes just about a gallon of oil to fill. Do not use Rotella the recommended oil for that motor is 10w40 GN4 Honda oil. It has friction modifiers in the oil to help the wet clutches in the transmission which the Rotella doesnt have. I am also a AMSOIL guy i run it in every thing I have but my pioneer and ATVs with the exception of the differentials. (I use Product code: AUDTPK-EA.) If you want to stick with AMSOIL go with Product code: AUV40QT-EA. As far as the filters go Wix makes great filters some of the aftermarket ones come with the O-rings when the Honda filters do not and you’ll need to replace the O-ring every 3-4 services. I didnt use the wet clutch oil in my old Foreman 450 and ive had to replace both clutches in it so when I got the pioneer I decided to stick to the book and use all the OEM recomened oils in hopes to not have to open this transmission for a long time

#7 ·
I have a 2016 Honda (model SXS 700 M4G) that I purchased new at MEGA Motorsports in Toccoa Ga. I have had it serviced every time the wrench indicator comes on. I noticed a slipping in the transmission and I told the service rep about it. He said they would check it out. Later when I picked the Honda up he said he didn’t feel the slipping but Honda’s doesn’t like the cold weather so let it run a couple of minutes before I take off and I wouldn’t have a problem. That was in January and the transmission is slipping more now than ever. It’s not the cold weather. I let it warm up and it still slips. After it gets warm it stops slipping. I called for a service appointment and they can’t get me in until July 24. My question is “What can I do to get the transmission to quit slipping?” I’m not a mechanic but I have a friend that’s a motorcycle mechanic that has passed the Harley Davidson school. He told me that he would fix it but I wanted to get it serviced by a Honda technician.
What is the problem and how can I get it repaired before July 24?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.