LinkBack Thread Tools
post #81 of 87 Old 01-08-2014, 10:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose View Post
Yeah, remember Mnhntr is probably riding in temps right now that are at least 75 to 100 degrees below what your at. Those tires are hard as stone at this point. Maybe 50 miles to break in , heck it's hard to say
Yeah...he's got rocks right now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #82 of 87 Old 10-15-2014, 02:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Looks like we use our Hondas about the same .. First time I loaded it up with fire wood , I got alil nerved up going up a hill ,,but it crawled rite up.. its got all the power I will need .. did you need some liftkit to get those tires under you ride ... looks awesome ..
post #83 of 87 Old 01-05-2015, 11:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
So right now having a big debate... Looking at getting either a quad or SxS... Not sure which way to go, as I want something that can fit in my truck (02 Silverado 2500 CCLB), can use around the ranch (feeding animals, maybe hauling wood), and take hunting. A SxS would be better for ranch chores, but not sure about hunting...

I live at 3k elevation and hunt anywhere from 4k-9k ft elevation with some steep hills... Any advice? Will the Pioneer 700 cut it?

post #84 of 87 Old 01-05-2015, 11:42 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by novaman64 View Post
So right now having a big debate... Looking at getting either a quad or SxS... Not sure which way to go, as I want something that can fit in my truck (02 Silverado 2500 CCLB), can use around the ranch (feeding animals, maybe hauling wood), and take hunting. A SxS would be better for ranch chores, but not sure about hunting...

I live at 3k elevation and hunt anywhere from 4k-9k ft elevation with some steep hills... Any advice? Will the Pioneer 700 cut it?
No. See your post at the Ranger forums if you'd like elaboration.

Last edited by DG Rider; 01-05-2015 at 11:59 PM.
post #85 of 87 Old 01-11-2015, 11:49 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi , I am new to the forum, but I like what you said Moose and how you gave examples. I have owned Hondas since I was 13 yrs old, I am now 55. I find it amusing how everyone puts down Hondas, especially when they all compare theirs to honda, just goes to show you that honda builds quality machines and that is why everyone compares to them. I once read that honda builds their machines for the general puplic to ride because they know that most will build theirs up to suit their individual needs. Yes it would be nice it they built an all out high performance machine, but for what class , mud, desert, rocks, woods,etc. My opinion for my type of riding and work I like the Foreman with the manuel shift which I own (2012) use it for everything and I hope to buy a Pioneer 500 in the near future. Thanks
CT110 likes this.
post #86 of 87 Old 02-15-2015, 06:38 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Garage
I think the term side by side is now encompassing too many styles of machine. I started out with side by sides when my buddies had the first Rhinos. I have always had more use for the pickup styled machines. I just traded my teryx in on a 700 pioneer, hoping for a lot more reliability out of the Honda. I think the term side by side needs to be split, we are comparing Camaros to pickup trucks trying to decide which is better. Yeah the Camaro is hard to get in wont haul crap we all know that, I think its great and would love to have one of each hopefully Honda builds that Camaro soon.
post #87 of 87 Old 02-15-2015, 07:21 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ginter/pioneer View Post
I think the term side by side is now encompassing too many styles of machine. I started out with side by sides when my buddies had the first Rhinos. I have always had more use for the pickup styled machines. I just traded my teryx in on a 700 pioneer, hoping for a lot more reliability out of the Honda. I think the term side by side needs to be split, we are comparing Camaros to pickup trucks trying to decide which is better. Yeah the Camaro is hard to get in wont haul crap we all know that, I think its great and would love to have one of each hopefully Honda builds that Camaro soon.
I agree 100 percent.You almost need one for play and one for work.Theyre just isnt a sxs for both

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page