Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
It's a fact! A little snow on the hood makes the Pioneer look even better

Moose

Why do people call you Moose? Cause calling me Elk sounded funny

The Convoy

2014 Honda 700-4 (Optimus)
2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk
2013 Polaris Outlaw 90 (Smokescreen) (kids)
2009 Suzuki King Quad 750 axi (Bulkhead)
2008 Kawasaki Ninja ZX14R
2008 Harley Davidson 1200 Nightster (hers)
2007 Dodge Charger Daytona R/T Sublime 781 of 1500
2006 Harley Davidson Night Train
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #42 of 47 Old 01-24-2014, 10:28 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
how far off are Honda big red full cabs to the pioneer? Not sure if it will fit on my pioneer or not for this cold weather. anyone know?
post #43 of 47 Old 01-24-2014, 10:36 AM

Gas

I use non ethanol fuel in every piece of machinery I own, and have for several years. Everything (Honda power washer, Honda tiller, weed wackers, tractor, mowers, etc) all start easily in the winter and run better in the warmer weather. There are plenty of stations that sell the non ethanol gas around here. Look around boat marinas, etc for it. (Boat gas-no oil added). There is also an app available that will locate the stations near you. PURE GAS. Non ethanol gas costs about 40cents/gal more but is 93 octane. Pioneer running great on it.

post #44 of 47 Old 02-07-2014, 09:01 PM

Some guys like to look at snow pics. Here's one where I used a snow bank to bleed air from the heater. Actually had it steeper for a bit….but I couldn't climb into the seat like that. I'm pretty sure the Pioneer would have climbed this hard packed snow bank…..and proceeded to get stuck in the loose stuff on the other side.

Went out on the lake today. The snow is pretty deep in places with a crust over the top. Always afraid I'm going to break thru the crust and have nothing to grab hold of. So far / so good. Have not been stuck in the snow…..yet.

Not much to hook a winch to out on the ice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo-30.JPG
Views:	172
Size:	139.1 KB
ID:	3282  
Moose and Rancher Guy like this.

Every now and again....I still feel the call of the wild.
post #45 of 47 Old 02-10-2014, 11:24 AM
ken

i got stuck !

Quote:
Originally Posted by rich450es View Post
moose if you continue to ride in deep snow by yourself you need a winch or comealong because you WILL get stuck one of these days .........
I just got my pioneer the other day! I live in newfoundland and was driving on the old train tracks where ppl drive the recreation vehicles to. there was about 2 ft of snow and the trail was groomed pretty decent by the skidoos. I plowed through most of it but eventually got stuck in a 2-3 ft drift that was freshly made. I also have the workman's accessory kit instaled with the heater etc. when I got stuck and had to pull myself out with my winch , while doing that the snow was being pushed under the hood pulling the heater hoses off the heater core . comparing to my old yamaha rhino for protection underneith the pioneer isn't designed that great , everything is wide open . it would be no problem for a branch to get stuck up underneith and rip out a hose or a break line . also where its so open underneath it allows a lot of snow to sit up under it around all the mechanic parts and when it melts in your garage you'll have a nice puddle going on . the reason why the motor is not protected very well is because on most utv's the engine will sit normally where you would put your feet to in the pioneer but because of the 4 seat conversion they had to put the engine with everything else unprotected underneath . i think they need to come out with something soon to solve all those issues
post #46 of 47 Old 11-11-2014, 03:52 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage

Havin fun in the snow last winter. These things just seem to love being out in any kind of weather and terrain.
CT110 likes this.
post #47 of 47 Old 11-11-2014, 09:10 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oldtrucks View Post

Havin fun in the snow last winter. These things just seem to love being out in any kind of weather and terrain.
Nice amount of snow so far! Good to see that winter pictures have finally started showing up.
That first picture you posted has me thinking what it would look like with tracks

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page