Honda Pioneer vs Polaris RZR vs Arctic Cat Wildcat vs Can-Am Maverick - Page 3 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 14Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 26 Old 08-11-2014, 11:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome bluetitan. Just this weekend my trans really smoothed out. I'm right at 100 miles now. I can still tell when it shifts but it's not nearly as bad as day one.

2014 Pioneer 700-4 olive
2005 Foreman 500 ES 4x4
2005 Rancher 350
1994 TRX 300
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 Old 08-11-2014, 03:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swsebek View Post
You let her drive this one,101 hp. holy crap,be careful
she isn't driving on trails, just open field and mud holes. she likes mud lol.

i didn't want her driving trails on the wildcat, but she is bullheaded and demanded she did. she learned a lesson.

we didn't get hurt from the crash, just some seatbelt bruising. i bought a harness bar and 4 pt harness for the can am so we are safer.
post #23 of 26 Old 08-11-2014, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Smile

Welcome blue titan,,,,,,,,,,,,,and hoblick I love my pioneer,,,but I must say I would love to take 101hp for a ride.......

post #24 of 26 Old 08-11-2014, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks. At 24 miles now. The only assessories I have is the honda factory roof. The next purchase will be mirrors and winch. The machine did especially well in the muddy areas of the hunting lease. Went straight there from the dealer. Had it bought before I could test drive it. Honda is the only product I've done that with. I like quite when hunting so once someone figures out how to muffle it, I'm all over it.
post #25 of 26 Old 08-13-2014, 09:36 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Went to CO last month with 2 Pioneers, 3 Rangers, a Rhino and a Maverick. The Hondas wouldn't climb worth a crap, but 1 Ranger died in a few hours and the CanAm broke twice. I have always had faith in Honda or Yamaha build quality, but wish the Pioneer had a lower first gear and some storage room. I personally wouldn't take a Polaris unless it was free and I had a good set of hiking boots.

Actually, I wouldn't take a free one if I had to use it. Too many of them burst into flames for my tastes.
post #26 of 26 Old 08-14-2014, 08:42 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Just got back from a trip to the Mountains of E. Oregon. The Pioneer didn't get to go along this time because it had a difficult time on some of the lower elevation trails last time I took it and I didn't want to hold up the rest of my party. All Polaris's this trip, 2 Rzr 900XP's, 2 ACE'S, 1 550XP Sportsman and 1 Rzr 1000. Over 2000 combined miles at elevations from 4500 to over 8500'. Some mud, a lot of steep loose rocky trails combined with some easy smooth trail riding. All machines performed flawlessly as has been my experience with my Polaris machines.

The Pioneer doesn't stack up in this department, the suspension doesn't compare. The power isn't there and the gearing is inadequate for this type of riding.

As far as the Pioneer vs all the others the OP mentioned they aren't even the same type of machine. Having said that though the Pioneer is going to have the same issues against the Yamaha Viking, Polaris Ranger, ect........ Maybe not such a marked difference in the suspension dept but all the other issues still remain.

2012 Rzr 900XP Voo Doo Blue
2014 Honda Pioneer 4 Red
2013 Polaris 550XP Red (Kids)
2009 Suzuki 90 (Kids)
2009 Suzuki 50 (Kids)

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page