Pioneer 500 - Reviews - Page 3 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 27 Old 08-03-2014, 11:56 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I ended up buying the pioneer 700-4 but i did test drive the pioneer 500. The pioneer 500 was just to small for my uses. I really liked the pioneer 500 and love the low gear. If it was just a little bigger and had a front diff lock i would of bought it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 27 Old 08-04-2014, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
They are a fun little machine. If your moving up from a 4 wheeler and wanting something to just carry and extra passenger they are about perfect.
I definitely think this machine has potential. More than I originally thought.

My original thoughts on are still the same though, top speed needs to be upped which its electronically limited if we can muster enough aftermarket support this can be fixed.

Widen it out with some wheels and better tires. And I have a feeling you will be able to max out the suspension pushing it hard.

Let's see what happens. I really am excited to get behind the wheel of this thing on the trails.
post #23 of 27 Old 08-05-2014, 07:43 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just bought one last week and put 80 miles on it and rode it in the worst places we have to ride in my area and in was very very capable I followed a rzr 570 anywhere it wanted to go. I watched fourwheelers flip where I just eased right through I love the manual gears the first gear L is low and you never have to touch your brakes going down a hill unless you want to come to a complete stop I love it and it tops out at 41 and I kept up with everyone on the road just fine and they weren't going slow by any means I love that you can fit between trees or anywhere a fourwheeler will go, I really like how easy it steers if your looking to by a side by side don't overlook the p500 it rides as good as a polaris ranger 900xp I work out of one on the farm and occasionally go riding with it and it rides as good if not Better I would recommend one to anyone and plus it's a honda so you know it's reliable.

post #24 of 27 Old 08-05-2014, 08:00 PM

If next weekend goes well there very well may be one in my stable.
post #25 of 27 Old 08-05-2014, 11:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have put 200 miles on mine. We ride hard in some rough mountains. Top speed is 41 it needs to be around 50. I wish it had the front Dif lock. It has the power to spin all 4 tires. It lacks storage, it has plenty of places that storage could easily be installed.
It is a fun little machine. I have a Big red and a Rancher 420. And I like the 500 better than either one. I wish it could go as fast as the rancher.
I also wish it had the ESP/Auto like the rancher.
post #26 of 27 Old 08-06-2014, 09:13 AM

I agree about the top speed and Diff Lock. But it is electronically limited, there will be a way to raise it eventually.
post #27 of 27 Old 09-13-2014, 07:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i bought my p500 two weeks ago and love it. we use it on our hobby farm and trail riding. last week we went out riding with our neighbors and he loved the machine as well and wants to buy one now too.
bobkatbry likes this.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page