Just stopping by - Honda Pioneer Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 07-12-2019, 11:23 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Just stopping by

Well, I got in a motorcycle crash (I知 fine, my Harley not so much). With a wife two boys around now,I decided it made more sense to spend the insurance payout on a side by side ATV than another bike. I am nearly sold on the 700-4, looks like it would be a great machine for hunting, light chores and a little fun on the trails with the whole family . So, I put my tires old quad up for sale to a a few extra bucks to the budget and signed up here to lurk, read and see if I can learn a little more about these machines from the guys that actually own them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 07-12-2019, 08:38 PM

Glad you made it out of the wreck OK. We have a '16 700-4 deluxe, and have a lot of fun with it. We mostly run around BLM/Forest Service roads, with a little rock crawling or rough country mixed in. Pretty much always just me, my wife, and the dog. Snow, mud, summer, whatever.

Some folks complain about the lack of a low range transfer case, or say the 700 is down on power. For us, it does whatever we want to do. I've gotten into a few spots that had me worried about rolling over, but always had as much power as we needed.

We have added a JEI bed extender, fab'ed up a front rack, and bolted a pioneer tool kit (shovel, axe, etc.) on the front. Planning on a winch and some lights. The stock headlights don't cut it once it gets dark.

Overall, the 700-4 is perfect for our needs.
post #3 of 5 Old 07-13-2019, 12:23 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Well, I知 already planning on accessories. I壇 like a roof, doors windshield, heater and plow set up at the least. Maybe not all at once, but piece by piece. If it lasts long enough I値l probaby end up kitting it out pretty good, and by the sounds of things so far, this machine will have staying power.

I知 likely to use it in Forrest and swamp. Not looking for a race machine or extreme hill climber. Just something to do the odd chores, haul some hunting equipment and enjoy the trails with my family of four.

post #4 of 5 Old 07-14-2019, 09:20 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
I have a Rubicon and a Pioneer 700 2 seater and do a lot of hunting. The two machines are each better at doing different things. There are some trails here in Eastern Canada that the Pioneer just won't go down but in Manitoba you may be in more open country. Pioneer is great for bear baiting and hauling bears but for getting a buck out of some rough spot the 4 wheeler is the way to go. The Pioneer burns twice as much gas as the Rubicon.

Both are very reliable machines.
post #5 of 5 Old 07-16-2019, 04:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
I'm new to the Pioneer world. Really enjoying the 700-4D. I will be using mine for scouting critters and retrieving them.

Bet you haven't seen a P&Y elk brought out whole (field dresses of course) on a Polaris 6x6. Official score was 307 2/8!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ResizedImage_1443891877657.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	155.9 KB
ID:	39817  

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page