Honda Pioneer Forum banner

Need a spare tire/rim

15K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  kemnitzeod 
#1 ·
Went down to my local Honda motorsports and asked about buying a spare rim for my Pioneer 1000-5 non-delux. I know I need a 12X6.5 rim, and they showed me the price, $260 for one rim. I thought they were mistaken and maybe picked out the delux 14 inch rim. Well, that is what it shows for a steel rim, $260, and his system does not allow him to select the 14 inch rim. There is either an error in the system or I need to buy a rim from somewhere else. Any ideas about this out there from the Honda Pioneer 1000-5 owners or dealers. I really don't care what the rim looks like as long as it is 12X6.5 with a 4-136 bolt pattern.

#7 · (Edited)
Me too

I am also in southern AZ (Rio Rico).

I am in the same boat as you, looking for a spare tire for my 2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-3 EPS. Same wheel size and type: 12x6.5, 4/136, 12mm stud, tapered lug nut seats.

Have you been able to find any aftermarket wheel at a reasonable cost?

As far as I'm concerned, Honda can keep their $180 to $220 wheels until they rust away. Hondas are great machines, but it's not at all easy to find affordable aftermarket parts or accessories for them.

#8 ·
I went and purchased a kawasaki terryx rim, for about $30 or $40. I know it is like 1mm off on the bolt pattern but it fits and I have not had a problem with it. I replaced the factory tires that wore out after 1500 miles with Mongrel DOT tires that have not shown any wear after 1K miles

#9 ·
I went down and purchased a Kawasaki Terryx rim for less than $50. sure beats $200+ from honda. I know the bolt pattern for the terryx is like 1mm off, but it still works. I also had to replace the honda factory tires after 1500 miles, they wear down quick if you drive on asphalt. I replaced the factory tires with Mongrel DOT 10ply tires, much better and shows little wear after 1000 miles on them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.