Do you think the 500 will get aftermarket support? - Honda Pioneer Forum
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 24 Old 08-04-2014, 08:45 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Do you think the 500 will get aftermarket support?

What do you think? Will anyone really reach out to the 500 or will it be a dead market for aftermarket items?

I was talking to my buddy who just bought one, and I sent him pictures of the one that was posted here with the 27" tires and nice rims. He went ahead and ordered a set right away.

But our discussion lead to will there be any aftermarket items? Right now a roof and windshield from Honda is going to be almost 800 bucks. 359 and 399. That's a little crazy.

I'm talking bumpers, windshields, roof ect. Then onto the bigger items, exhaust systems(which I don't support but people would buy them), shocks, a-arms, ect.

My biggest beef is with the rear of the machine. Seriously needs something different there, get ride of the fenders, and the rack, and mount a real bed to the back of it. Shouldn't be hard to do, but would be nice if someone would make one so we could copy it easier(lazy!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 Old 08-04-2014, 08:57 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
If it sells as good as Honda is thinking you will probably see about the same products as you do for the 700. If I get one bought (still in thinking mode on it) I will probably make a small dump box that will mount to the rack and would just be a manual lift thing. For most of the stuff I do the rack will perform just fine though. Easy to mount my sprayer to, my atv cooler bags will strap right down and when carrying fence posts I will just make a cradle for them. I will probably still use the trailer to haul wood so that wouldn't be an issue for me.
post #3 of 24 Old 08-04-2014, 10:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Well they aren't selling We recieved 2, I sold both of them, then the next 2 have been there for a month no bites. Still can't keep 700's in stock we delivered 4 on saturday.
The other dealer in our town has had their 500 for almost 2 months never sold the first one.
I'm still waiting on my yellow I have a small pile of parts waiting for when it comes in. I think it showed the 13 or so last I checked.

I bet the 2015 Rubicon is gonna sell like the pioneer 700 We basically already have a list on those.

post #4 of 24 Old 08-04-2014, 11:08 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
They don't even allocate us that many machines and if they do they don't fill the order.. lol So far here it was like the 700, a lot of interest but no big bites yet. We do have the next one sold that is red, our first was a green which turned into a demo unit and I will probably buy. Color doesn't matter to me since I will probably wrap or dip it anyway.

I do have to say the 14 Rubicon is flying out of the shop though. A lot of farmers/ranchers that have them are trading up and a few are just buying them to sit in the shed until they need them. That is our #1 selling atv though just because of the transmission and the way it's built. One farmer just bought 7 this summer and has his name on 2 of them in inventory (waiting on accessories).

The 700 is the same way here, can't keep one long enough to show people what they are. It's nutz Honda doesn't kick it in gear a little bit to get them out to the people. Sooner or later they will get tired of waiting and will move on. Up north here they don't like to deliver so I think they purposely take machines away from us (on the sxs side). Our 500 came in with a load of Rubicons or we probably would have waited another couple weeks. We lost a few 700's because of the production shortage but I think they went to dealers in the southern states (cheaper shipping rates).
post #5 of 24 Old 08-04-2014, 11:21 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjafreek View Post
Well they aren't selling
I have a thought...
Because you can walk into any Polaris dealer and ( realistically speaking ) for about another $500-800 or so, get a 50" SxS with 50HP, 10" of travel, and 10" of clearance with tires that are the industry bare minimum size ( 25" ), and a locker. And an attempt at a bed.

It's also an automatic, and while i think the 5-speed is cool, most people wan't an automatic.

Shortly, a lot of people will be on here crying fowl at comparing the 2.

Is that fair?

Well...they are both 50" SxS's. Could you argue the Pioneer is more utility oriented? OK...where's the dump bed and the locker?

Is the Pioneer really a "cross over" machine? Could the same not be said of the RZR?

I think the concept of a 50" utility machine will be a great one as soon as someone other than Honda embraces it. I can't help but think Honda just threw a goldfish in the tank with piranha's.

By all accounts, the 500 is a ton of fun....just like the RZR.

It's probably a geographical thing, ninja. I'd bet its selling very well in certain places....if for no other reason than the name on the tank.

On the other side of the spectrum, the new Rubicon has what riders want. Not what Honda decided to give them....but what they WANT. Doesn't matter if they "need" those features or not. I bet it will outsell entire brands by itself.
CSFI likes this.
post #6 of 24 Old 08-04-2014, 11:48 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
DG have you decided what you are going to do with your pioneer? Just curious.

post #7 of 24 Old 08-04-2014, 11:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
If they would have put the new Rubicon motor in the 500 they would have had a hit (with a front locker). The machine is fun the way it is but it could be that much better. Of course that might have been $200 more at the factory, $1,000 more at the dealer and would have been too close to the 700 to make it fly.
post #8 of 24 Old 08-05-2014, 11:59 AM

Shoulda Woulda Coulda, I've been selling Honda products here in the south for 13 years. I actually tested some of the first 350 fwd when I was just out of high school In some neighbors rice fields. You should seen those little Jap guys when they saw some "Coon Asses" up to the handle bars in water
post #9 of 24 Old 08-05-2014, 12:05 PM

I should have said they are not selling here in South Louisiana like the 700'
s Sorry.
We delivered 5 700's sat. It's a constant wait to get them registered so we can get replacements.
I'm buying a 500 decking it out, and if a sport model comes out it will be for sale I will buy one.
I'd love to see the 700 twin with the dct that is already in the street bikes in a sport chassis. Will it happen
post #10 of 24 Old 08-06-2014, 03:30 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
And my dealer in Arizona doesn't have any 500's yet, can't wait to go see one!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page