LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 23 Old 01-07-2015, 04:33 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage
(Thread Starter)
Thanks for your insights Crooked,

Glad you found the special nut, very happy to hear I'm not alone... Similar with tools the other night (looking high and low), smoke was coming out my ears.... I just couldn't recall where I laid them, I'm in the habit of putting them back in drawers for this very reason. Once I realized it was a collection.... in addition to the torx I needed. Asked the 17 yr old boy with new bow for Xmas..... Sure enough... "umm ya pops.... I guess I forgot to put em back....was messing with the bow". Poor kid.... I had the full on Pink Panther Inspector Draffus eye twitch, complete with stutter goin ..... Suffice to say his remiss touched a nerve with the old guy and I'm hopeful he'll put tools away looking forward.

Thanks again,

jrc

Green 2015 P5
ITP 212, 5/2 offset
26x11by12" AMS Slingshots all corners
Blue Sea Mini Add a Battery Kit
Terra 35, Synthetic Line, KFI mount
KFI mount and 66" blade
Custom UHMW skid plate, fender extenders
Lexan roof
In the works, stix stoppers (rear), cab enclosure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 23 Old 01-07-2015, 06:54 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
That's funny (when it's someone else's story), I can picture it all. I also try to be organized, my problem is remembering the "safe place I put it". My son-in-law was with me on the first day of my "ordeal" and we were civil toward each other because we were equally pissed (and culpable) and astonished at our dilemma. My 47 year marriage has survived solely due to my wife's intelligence....she steers totally clear of me when my misdeeds and stupidity kicks in. Sometimes the smart thing to do is just "walk away"! Taking it out on inanimate objects oftentimes works for me, albeit it can be costly.
I can see the Inspector's face now (seen every episode), I just hope I check out of this world before the guys in the white suits are watching over me. Good luck on your son's "education", hope the experience took!
P.S. Send me a PM on your BP shooting, I've dabbled a little in it myself over the years.
post #23 of 23 Old 01-12-2015, 08:20 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Did what I hope are the final "tweaks" to my KFI snow blade. I replaced the 5/16" spring eye bolts with 3/8" stainless steel as I mentioned above. I thought the 5/16" washer would slip on the 3/8" bolt (to get the "perfect fit") but I did have to run a 3/8" bit through the 5/16" washers though to get them to slip on rather than "thread" on (might want to just get 3/8" washers to begin with!). The second "tweak" was adding a pair of "blade edge guides" (or markers) so I could see where the ends of the blade are when in the down, or plowing position. I bought the pair at a local O'Reilly's auto parts store for $16.99 a set. Here's the link: Buyer's Products Company 1308005 - Snowplow Blade Guide Kit | O'Reilly Auto Parts

They project (stick up) 43" above the ground and 25" above the top of the blade. I mounted them in the last hole on each end of the blade where the top flap is bolted. I needed to buy two longer carriage bolts to fit (bought 1/4" x 1 1/2", but 1 1/4" would have worked).

The finished product.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	002.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	19825  

Last edited by Crooked Creek; 01-12-2015 at 08:23 PM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page