P500 1/2 windshield - Page 3 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 22 Old 05-13-2015, 09:22 AM
DEK

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hope you don't mind me jumping in on this thread and slightly changing the subject but with a related question. I live in the mountains of north Georgia. I bought a full windshield (no top) this winter for my P500 and it worked great! The heat that comes up from the seat belt anchor holes gets trapped inside the cab and makes for a warm ride in the colder temps. Unfortunately, summer is upon us and that same heating effect gets uncomfortable on long rides.

I’m thinking about getting a Ĺ windshield to compensate for this issue during this time of the year. One of the main reasons that I got a windshield in the first place is because I ride on a lot of virgin trails. As a result, during my rides my passenger and I get covered with all sorts of spiders, their webs and broken branches. The full windshield solved this problem. My question is this; can anyone out there with a Ĺ windshield tell me if it allows enough air to come through to remove the engine heat while minimizing the amount of debris and critters that end up inside the cab? Thanks for your input.
gatorguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 22 Old 05-27-2015, 09:37 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Garage
The honda half windshield is crap. I just took my P500 out with my new half windshield from superatv.com, the difference is incredible! The wind no longer swirls into my eyes, I can just barely feel the wind on the top of my forehead. And I'm 6' tall. As far as engine heat in the cab, I rode last week in 80 degree weather, and it was hot inside the cab. I ended up strapping both doors open to get more air flow inside. I also run the honda soft bimini top.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page