3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 22 Old 03-15-2015, 11:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
P500 1/2 windshield

I'm new into the P500 for about a week & wondering what the 1/2 windshield does? I really never wanted a windshield obstructing my views as well as getting dusty all the time but am wondering if I get the 1/2, can I duck under the wind. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Note-adding a roof almost seems like the wind is greater than me riding a quad. And I don't ride in the extreme cold so that isn't a problem.
Rustell likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 Old 03-16-2015, 09:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarks View Post
I'm new into the P500 for about a week & wondering what the 1/2 windshield does? I really never wanted a windshield obstructing my views as well as getting dusty all the time but am wondering if I get the 1/2, can I duck under the wind. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Note-adding a roof almost seems like the wind is greater than me riding a quad. And I don't ride in the extreme cold so that isn't a problem.
The general idea is it keeps the bugs, dust and wind out of your face and does not cause the dirt to swirl back in over your roof like a full windshield.
Rustell likes this.
post #3 of 22 Old 03-17-2015, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
So it does work well then? Why do others go straight to the full windshield then (except of course in really cold climates)?

post #4 of 22 Old 03-17-2015, 08:36 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
It is one of those things you seem to love or hate. I had on my RZR and it seemed to be right in view so I really didn't care for it. Didn't like seeing the edge all the time. The fellow I ride with LOVES his and never takes it off, even in the winter.....
I run a full hard coated windshield on most of my machines because we do use them in the winter and where we ride it keep most branches from smacking you in the face.
post #5 of 22 Old 03-27-2015, 10:05 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
What about trailering your P5 with roof and 1/2 windshield... Is that something we should be concerned about.?

Ride like your Life depends on it... because it does.
post #6 of 22 Old 04-06-2015, 02:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Good question about trailering... my 1/2 shield is on the way and was wondering about highway speeds
post #7 of 22 Old 04-06-2015, 03:10 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R51A56Q?vs=1# I just ordered this one.. I will let you know my thoughts later this week
post #8 of 22 Old 04-06-2015, 10:59 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I run 75-80 with mine on an open trailer facing forward with the honda hard roof and honda half windshield no issues and the roof doesn't flop up and down like my rhino did for those who have seen this happen before. That being said its my opinion the honda half windshield absolutely sucks at blocking anything.
post #9 of 22 Old 04-06-2015, 07:12 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
I run 75-80 with mine on an open trailer facing forward with the honda hard roof and honda half windshield no issues and the roof doesn't flop up and down like my rhino did for those who have seen this happen before. That being said its my opinion the honda half windshield absolutely sucks at blocking anything.
Are you saying the 1/2 windshield isn't very effective? Please clarify.
post #10 of 22 Old 04-06-2015, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Near View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasTrav View Post
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00R51A56Q?vs=1# I just ordered this one.. I will let you know my thoughts later this week
I saw these last week. The price has me interested in getting one but I would like more feedback on using them.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page