Deep snow. Chains? What type and brand? - Page 2 - Honda Pioneer Forum
 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 23 Old 01-10-2016, 02:00 PM
Super Moderator
 
Dick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: N.B. Canada
Posts: 1,602
Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
@toodeep what are they made of? Look like hard plastic.

Don't feed the bears no matter what they tell you!
Dick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 23 Old 01-10-2016, 02:13 PM
Super Moderator
 
toodeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,490
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Yes Dick, hard plastic outer shell and the inside is filled with foam for support. Probably not something you would want to go beat against trees and rocks on a regular bases but if all you need is a little help keeping the machine going in snow and mud they are a cheap alternative when compared to tracks. I'll see how well they do. Possibly they are a joke but they look promising.
Dick likes this.
toodeep is offline  
post #13 of 23 Old 01-10-2016, 04:55 PM
Senior Member
 
swsebek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: pa
Posts: 845
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Looks like Mad Max Machine
swsebek is offline  
 
post #14 of 23 Old 01-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Senior Member
 
Butch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Location: Princeton Iowa
Posts: 114
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
I seen those at the Honda shop here..they look like they would help alot in deep snow.. crazy though.. is there enuff foam in them to make it float..How do they fasten on Toodeep??
Butch is offline  
post #15 of 23 Old 01-11-2016, 03:42 PM
Super Moderator
 
toodeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,490
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
They are suppose to add around 300# of extra flotation, I'll test that out in the summer months. They have a couple special lug nuts and then just 2 long bolts and a metal plate. On the bolts is a nut to sandwich it against the tire. They are surprising very sturdy on there. I was driving up on downed trees with them and they didn't move at all.

I took them for a short ride yesterday and they do help as long as you keep moving. If you stop in deep snow it tries to dig down when you take off. The snow we have isn't the greatest for testing though, 2-3 inch crust and just very fine powder under that. I think in wet snow it would be a different story and I'm hoping we get some to test it out in. I noticed pulling a trailer through the snow it did it a lot easier with the added traction. They are in no way tracks but an alternative if all you need is just that little extra. I have to order the lug nuts or build a set so I can test them out on a Pioneer and see how they do with the extra weight of the machine. My video camera was dead and I forgot the phone in the house but when i go play again with them I'll try to get some video.
Butch likes this.
toodeep is offline  
post #16 of 23 Old 01-11-2016, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Montana
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
They are suppose to add around 300# of extra flotation, I'll test that out in the summer months. They have a couple special lug nuts and then just 2 long bolts and a metal plate. On the bolts is a nut to sandwich it against the tire. They are surprising very sturdy on there. I was driving up on downed trees with them and they didn't move at all.

I took them for a short ride yesterday and they do help as long as you keep moving. If you stop in deep snow it tries to dig down when you take off. The snow we have isn't the greatest for testing though, 2-3 inch crust and just very fine powder under that. I think in wet snow it would be a different story and I'm hoping we get some to test it out in. I noticed pulling a trailer through the snow it did it a lot easier with the added traction. They are in no way tracks but an alternative if all you need is just that little extra. I have to order the lug nuts or build a set so I can test them out on a Pioneer and see how they do with the extra weight of the machine. My video camera was dead and I forgot the phone in the house but when i go play again with them I'll try to get some video.
I hope that they could support all that weight of P500 and more . Is there no cost warranty if they break?

I looked them up on Russian/Polish off road web sites and youtube videos, all machines were ATVs. Could not find UTV.
solrus is offline  
post #17 of 23 Old 01-11-2016, 05:23 PM
Super Moderator
 
toodeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,490
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
If you go to their website they have a video of a durability test where they are beating on them with sledge hammers and riding in all types of stuff. I have to call them to see if they have the 12mm lugs for them, if not I'll build a set. They have some pics of them mounted on Rangers and Argos on there as well.
toodeep is offline  
post #18 of 23 Old 01-11-2016, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Montana
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
If you go to their website they have a video of a durability test where they are beating on them with sledge hammers and riding in all types of stuff. I have to call them to see if they have the 12mm lugs for them, if not I'll build a set. They have some pics of them mounted on Rangers and Argos on there as well.

Found this alternative to J wheelz

????? ? ????? ????????? - ?????????? J-Wheelz

or this http://www.gka-opt.ru/dlya-kvadrotsi...d-snow-wheelz#

Tag price 22000 rubles = 289 $ . Way better pricing then J wheelz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	rasshiriteli-koljos.jpg
Views:	183
Size:	37.5 KB
ID:	32730  

Last edited by solrus; 01-11-2016 at 09:41 PM.
solrus is offline  
post #19 of 23 Old 01-12-2016, 09:35 AM
Super Moderator
 
toodeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: South Dakota
Posts: 2,490
Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Those look like they would work as well. I do like the interchangeable rubber paddle bars on the J wheelz though.
toodeep is offline  
post #20 of 23 Old 01-12-2016, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Location: Montana
Posts: 88
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
Those look like they would work as well. I do like the interchangeable rubber paddle bars on the J wheelz though.
I'm in the process of communication with GKA wheelz dealer and they are willing to ship. I will order two 4 wheelz sets since the price is inder 700 for both of them. and they do substantial discount on multiple items, compare to J wheelz who is set on their price, I've had similar story with SSS offroad where they just were not willing to reduce their advertised price and more to that, cancelled my order when I found lower price for their skid plate on overstock.com.
solrus is offline  
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome