• 6 Post By Idaho Arrowtosser

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 07-02-2015, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Interco Interforce Tires - 27x7.5x12

I'm looking at getting new tires for my P500 in the future. I use my sxs around the ranch maintaining fences, feeding cattle, spraying herbicide as well as chores around the house. Mud bogging is not for me but I do have to make it down some nasty fire lanes when we are flooded. So my decision is between the Interco Interforce, Maxxis Bighorn original or II, or the Interco Radial Reptile. From what I've seen those are the best for all around use.

I really like the traditional R1 look of the Interco Interforce Tires but I'm not in love with the size. For the P500, I figured on 26x9x12 and 26x11x12. Interco only offers sizes 27 and 30 and the 27" tire is only 7.75" wide. I'm assuming this would be too narrow for the stock rear wheels? Normally I wouldn't go bigger than 26 but for the Interforces I'll stretch to 27, expecially since they are a lighter tire.

InterForce ATV | Interco Tire

Here what it looks like on a Polaris EV

You can see more about his rig at TBN: Electric Polaris Ranger

He did a review of the Interforce tires here: Anyone using GBC Gator tires?

2015 Honda Pioneer 500
2013 Honda Rancher 420 2wd
2006 Honda Rancher 350 2wd (traded)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 07-08-2015, 04:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I am running the Interco Interforce and absolutely love them! I have 30's. I bought 30x8 for the front and 30x10 for the rear using stock wheels. $479 delivered to my door from Chapparal Racing and they were here in 3 days from order. I did a slight mod to the frame up front and completely removed the rear sway bar. I posted some pics of the frame mod. Took about an hour to do and looks great. Any good welder could do it for you if you dont weld. I got a much better ride than stock, insane good ground clearance and a much better traction. These tires are wearing incredibly well. Good...they bite and grab like you wont believe, the 500 almost seemed perfectly geared for these tires. 4wd is needed much less with these tires and it will climb like a goat. Bad...they obviously vastly increase height and I'm using the stock wheels to stay inside 50 inches to avoid issues with forest service natzis. While I love the huge ground clearance gains, I could see where it could get "tippy" in the most extreme conditions. Also I notice on pavement a hum/vibration at speed because of the massive tread. We generally drive slow and I avoid pavement for various reasons. Wife doesnt appreciate me driving on our lawn as every turn takes chunks from the lawn. We have been riding in steep, rocky trails at over 7000ft elevation and I love the tires. I was at a huge ATV rally over the 4'th and I had the only Pioneer 500. Numerous RZR guys were checking out my ride and at least 1 was pissed that he had just paid $21K for his 50 inch and he clearly had 5 inches less ground clearance and was crunched down in his seat like a sardine packed in the can. I dont think 30's are for everyone and if you are wanting to run the dirt roads as fast as you can run, sliding and drifting in to corners, dont buy this tire or any 30 inch tire for that matter. We like to trail ride at normal speeds and these tires in my opinion are a HUGE improvement over stock. p.s the "coolness" factor is off the meter. Definitely gets other riders attention!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4079.jpg
Views:	1985
Size:	198.0 KB
ID:	27417   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4075.jpg
Views:	2988
Size:	203.8 KB
ID:	27425   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4044.jpg
Views:	1708
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	27433   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4043.jpg
Views:	1620
Size:	126.2 KB
ID:	27441   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4069.jpg
Views:	3107
Size:	342.7 KB
ID:	27449  

CT110, 500oneer, Butch and 3 others like this.
post #3 of 7 Old 07-08-2015, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Arrowtosser View Post
I am running the Interco Interforce and absolutely love them! I have 30's. I bought 30x8 for the front and 30x10 for the rear using stock wheels. $479 delivered to my door from Chapparal Racing and they were here in 3 days from order. I did a slight mod to the frame up front and completely removed the rear sway bar. I posted some pics of the frame mod. Took about an hour to do and looks great. Any good welder could do it for you if you dont weld. I got a much better ride than stock, insane good ground clearance and a much better traction. These tires are wearing incredibly well. Good...they bite and grab like you wont believe, the 500 almost seemed perfectly geared for these tires. 4wd is needed much less with these tires and it will climb like a goat. Bad...they obviously vastly increase height and I'm using the stock wheels to stay inside 50 inches to avoid issues with forest service natzis. While I love the huge ground clearance gains, I could see where it could get "tippy" in the most extreme conditions. Also I notice on pavement a hum/vibration at speed because of the massive tread. We generally drive slow and I avoid pavement for various reasons. Wife doesnt appreciate me driving on our lawn as every turn takes chunks from the lawn. We have been riding in steep, rocky trails at over 7000ft elevation and I love the tires. I was at a huge ATV rally over the 4'th and I had the only Pioneer 500. Numerous RZR guys were checking out my ride and at least 1 was pissed that he had just paid $21K for his 50 inch and he clearly had 5 inches less ground clearance and was crunched down in his seat like a sardine packed in the can. I dont think 30's are for everyone and if you are wanting to run the dirt roads as fast as you can run, sliding and drifting in to corners, dont buy this tire or any 30 inch tire for that matter. We like to trail ride at normal speeds and these tires in my opinion are a HUGE improvement over stock. p.s the "coolness" factor is off the meter. Definitely gets other riders attention!

Thanks for that review and the pictures! Its great to see someone has the interforce's on a pioneer. Those are some mean looking tires. How bad would you say they dig up the yard over the stock tires? I figure if I back out of the throttle when turning that the damage could be minimized haha

2015 Honda Pioneer 500
2013 Honda Rancher 420 2wd
2006 Honda Rancher 350 2wd (traded)

post #4 of 7 Old 07-13-2015, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Glad to see the 30's fit with just the frame mod. Tape said they would. Was going to take a chance in the next few weeks.
post #5 of 7 Old 08-17-2015, 09:59 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I thought I was going to far with thinking about 27, now I want 30"
post #6 of 7 Old 03-14-2016, 01:26 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idaho Arrowtosser View Post
Why did you remove the rear sway bar? Was that necessary?
post #7 of 7 Old 04-21-2016, 01:35 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Possibly for better articulation.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page