2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 07:41 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Replacement Tires

Just got a Pioneer and considering replacing the stock tires with something that is at least 6 ply. Two ply tires don't last on our ranch. Not an aggressive rider so plan to go back with 25's. Would prefer to use 25X10-12's all the way around. Are there any issues with using the same tires on both front and rear? Any interference with suspension with wider fronts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 09:40 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
You should have no issues with clearance. The steering effort and turning radius will be a touch more but not enough to worry about. I'm really liking my bearclaw HTR, they are an 8 ply radial that rides good and gets good traction on all surfaces. There are a lot of different tires out there though to choose from.
post #3 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toodeep View Post
I'm really liking my bearclaw HTR, they are an 8 ply radial that rides good and gets good traction on all surfaces.
What size tire and rim combo, Bearclaw HTRs look good how much do they weigh? Just trying to get a handle on options as I'm thinking on getting a P5 and diameter and weight will be critical for optimum performance.

Thanks toodeep

post #4 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 10:52 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I'm running them on a Rancher AT at the moment (25/8 25/10). If/when I get the 500 Pioneer it will have 27x11 on it on all 4 in the 12 inch wheels. I would like to go with 14 inch wheels but they only offer the 26 & 28 in those tires. Of course true tire size varies but I think the extra half inch on the 28's will rub the frame too much when turning. I'm not that worried about power loss since there are plenty of things to do to get that back.

Some weights on that tire: Kenda Bear Claw HTR

I put the 27x10x15 itps (measure about 27.5) on the one here and loved the look of it. It rubbed the plastic plug on the frame when turning though (under a load) so it is about max on stock suspension.

post #5 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 11:12 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
If the back fenders wasn't so low it would look better. Front fenders are high back really low.

post #6 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 11:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
When the rack is full of coolers you will never notice.. lol
post #7 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 11:51 PM

Right, I haven't looked at one in person yet. I might go by my dealer and look at one just to see it.

post #8 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 11:55 PM

Since this is about tires. There is something i been thinking about. I like the sti black diamond xtr tires but they do not have good side lugs. I like the blackwater evolutions also but i need a little better mud tire. So i was thinking of getting 27" black diamound xtr rear and 27" black water evolutions front. The black diamond will do good in mud and the black waters have good sidewall lugs for steering and getting out of ruts. I do like big horns but i don't want them on all 4 tires maybe front big horns and rear black diamond.
Is it ok to mismatch tires?

Last edited by scott; 08-05-2014 at 12:00 AM.
post #9 of 39 Old 08-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
With stock tires they are ugly as sin, just too small of a tire. Some larger tires and imagine some additions to it (real front bumper, box on back and all the other goodies) and they are starting to look good. I have a 60 inch blade I use on my 4 wheeler and it would work with this machine. One of the reasons I'm really thinking about getting one. I'm getting older and going out at 5am to push snow would be better with a full cab and heater.

That's one of the reasons I want to go with the tires that I posted. A little extra clearance and traction when plowing... and riding. I haven't even decided on getting the machine yet and have already ordered a winch for it.. lol
post #10 of 39 Old 08-05-2014, 12:01 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
Since this is about tires. There is something i been thinking about. I like the sti black diamond xtr tires but they do not have good side lugs. I like the blackwater evolutions also but i need a little better mud tire. So i was thinking of getting 27" black diamound xtr rear and 27" black water evolutions front. The black diamond will do good in mud and the black waters have good sidewall lugs for steering and getting out of ruts.
Is it ok to mismatch tires?
If the "true" height of the tire matches it won't hurt a thing. People have been doing it for years on the 4 wheelers just because one will do better at a thing than the other. When added together they give a happy medium that gets the job done.

On your specific picks I have no clue if they would do what is wanted or not.
scott likes this.

Last edited by toodeep; 08-05-2014 at 12:13 AM.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page