3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 04-19-2015, 10:30 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Cool Buying new Pioneer tomorrow/new to forum

So, I just thought I would say hello to everyone and I am buying my silver 15 Pioneer 700-4 tomorrow. This will be my first sxs, however I have been riding quads and dirt bikes for 29 years. Is there anything that has been a common problem or something that needs to be corrected to meet your riding needs? Any input is appreciated. Thanks everyone. Ride safe.
CT110 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 04-19-2015, 11:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Welcome to the club. New owner here as well. I can only tell you that it's a comfortable, quiet ride. MUCH quieter than my old Rhino, and Polaris Rangers or mules that I have driven in the past. I haven't pushed mine yet, and really don't plan to. That's what other toys are for. I'm babying mine, as its for the kids and I to just trail ride and hunt with. So far I love it. Very satisfied.
post #3 of 15 Old 04-19-2015, 11:27 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 38 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 211 Post(s)
Garage
Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new machine. Have your dealer check the drain plug torque and battery bolts before you bring it home. At the factory some are just getting finger tight and they aren't getting checked during set up. Other than that they are a Honda, just service them when your suppose to and enjoy. If you ride in really dusty conditions keep the air filter oiled good and cleaned/checked more often.

post #4 of 15 Old 04-20-2015, 02:02 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 129 Post(s)
Garage
Congrats to you....You will love it.Its my first Sxs as well and I love it.Had it for one year now and Im still showing it off.Good luck to you and any questions you might have you will get the answers on THIS forum.The wealth of info and accessarys for your machine is second to none here
post #5 of 15 Old 04-20-2015, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Hello and welcome, I'm a new owner also (had mine for a month), i just did my first service (my drain plug was tight) and loving this thing. Did you get any accessories with it? A roof and windsheild are always good the have as well as a winch. Have fun with your new ride!
Ben
Gdog likes this.

Red '15 700/4
post #6 of 15 Old 04-22-2015, 09:54 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
My battery bolts were loose. Glad I checked them. I need to check the oil drain plug and the oil drain plugs for the front and rear diff as well. I didn't get any accessories yet. I'm making a windshield for it here in the future. I also will be putting a winch on and possibly a different front bumper. Also, there is a guy on ebay making FULL skids for everything for $500 made out of 3/16" aluminum. In case your interested.
post #7 of 15 Old 04-23-2015, 12:13 AM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrevival View Post
My battery bolts were loose. Glad I checked them. I need to check the oil drain plug and the oil drain plugs for the front and rear diff as well. I didn't get any accessories yet. I'm making a windshield for it here in the future. I also will be putting a winch on and possibly a different front bumper. Also, there is a guy on ebay making FULL skids for everything for $500 made out of 3/16" aluminum. In case your interested.
I saw one on ebay not sure if it's the one you talking about but the one i saw only covers the center like the stock plate. If you get a skid plate you really should get the one that goes out to the edges of doors. That covers the whole underside.

post #8 of 15 Old 04-23-2015, 09:57 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scott View Post
I saw one on ebay not sure if it's the one you talking about but the one i saw only covers the center like the stock plate. If you get a skid plate you really should get the one that goes out to the edges of doors. That covers the whole underside.
I saw some on there made by "ss fabrication." The picture seemed to show it covered the whole center including the edge by the stock "nerf bars" on the bottom of the machine. It came with front and rear a arm guards as well. I could have just mistaken because I was looking on my phone.
post #9 of 15 Old 04-23-2015, 10:32 PM

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 212 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalrevival View Post
I saw some on there made by "ss fabrication." The picture seemed to show it covered the whole center including the edge by the stock "nerf bars" on the bottom of the machine. It came with front and rear a arm guards as well. I could have just mistaken because I was looking on my phone.
Yea them are the ones i was talking about. If you get one get one like that. I ordered this one it's the UHMV like SSS but cheaper. I like saving money when i can. https://www.redmountainproducts.net/...oneer-700.html

post #10 of 15 Old 04-23-2015, 11:07 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
The one's made by ss fabrication are aluminum I believe. It's been a couple of days since I've looked at them though. I would rather have aluminum. And the red mountain products one is a hard plastic

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page