Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wondering if anyone has replaced the stock Yuasa GYZ16H battery with a 14 on a 2020 Pioneer 1000? I was told the Yuasa is discontinued and the local dealer recommended a BS Battery - BTX14-BS. Is this likely to provide the same power as stock?
Also - looking to install dual battery system and the TRUE UTV SB1 15CK dual battery kit. Anyone have suggestions or feedback?

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000-3
666 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa
Just a quick look at that battery you posted, and I would have to say NO! (n)
I can't believe your dealer recommended that. That battery is not a sealed battery.
For a street bike, sure. For our Honda Pioneers, heck NO!
Read my thread and what I did and what I used.
"Finally warm enough to work on the Honda"
I did not use a dual battery kit, I made up my own.
About your True system, The Best dual battery hookup video out there that I know of, by Robert Sparre. He has links to everything he used.
After watching his video, You will be the expert. (y)
Edit to add, FYI
I think I remember reading somewhere that a Canadian Honda got a higher cranking amp battery, from the Factory, then us down here in the States, because of your colder temps.
Have a good day

· Registered
4 Posts
Wondering if anyone has replaced the stock Yuasa GYZ16H battery with a 14 on a 2020 Pioneer 1000? I was told the Yuasa is discontinued and the local dealer recommended a BS Battery - BTX14-BS. Is this likely to provide the same power as stock?
Also - looking to install dual battery system and the TRUE UTV SB1 15CK dual battery kit. Anyone have suggestions or feedback?
I purchased a GYZ16H on Amazon last month. I believe they still have them.
I have dual batteries in my Honda 1000 and the is (original) primary is seven years old. with a Battery Minder 1510 always on in the garage shows 12.65v after 48 hours of rest.
It’s a great Battery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts