Honda Pioneer Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

I am looking to upgrade the tires on my 2021 P1000 Deluxe. Can anyone tell me how big I can go without scrubbing? My P1000 is stock - no lift.

Stock Tire Sizes:
Front: 27x9x14
Rear: 27x11x14

· Registered
4 Posts
i am also looking for taller tires, terrabite tire have a 29x11-14 and a 29x9-14. so the width would be the same but the height would be higher. i heard that the terrabites are a little short on the height. anybody have 29s on there machine?

· Registered
3 Posts
i am also looking for taller tires, terrabite tire have a 29x11-14 and a 29x9-14. so the width would be the same but the height would be higher. i heard that the terrabites are a little short on the height. anybody have 29s on there machine?
I know this has been a while back but I have a 2016 1000-5 with tusk terrabites, 28x10x14 all the way around on aftermarket wheels. No rubbing whatsoever, the ride is amazing, and wow do they wear good! Lots of southern Illinois oiled country roads and river bottom trails and got over 9000 miles out of them before I replaced them. Had more miles left in them but the traction was getting bad in the mud. Needless to say I replaced them with the same tire.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car
Wheel Tire Vehicle Plant Car

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome
Thanks, glad to have ya with first hand knowledge.
I could not have answered the question without searching here, google and HondaSXS Club.
Have a good day

· Registered
3 Posts
Howdy and welcome
Thanks, glad to have ya with first hand knowledge.
I could not have answered the question without searching here, google and HondaSXS Club.
Have a good day
Thank you for having me! I feel that this is the sort of thing that has drawn me here,to gain knowledge, and help those out with knowledge that I have learned through trials and tribulations!

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome from Northern Iowa to @Charlie B
Yes, 29's will rub at full compression and max turning.
Have read about a few owners say their 28's rub at full compression and max turning.
I have not had my 28's rub, but I have never been in the above scenario.
The simplest fix to be able to go with larger tires and no rubbing, is forward A-Arms.
@SuperATV have good Honda Pioneer 1000 high clearance forward A-Arms.
Those that I linked to, the specs say 2" lift and max tire size of 31".
Have a good day

· Registered
2018 Honda Pioneer 1000
591 Posts
Howdy and welcome to @Catch from Northern Iowa
Nowadays, so many places are making it legal to ride roads, many owners are going with DOT approved tires.
Something to think about anyway.
Have a good day

· Registered
4 Posts
Hello everyone,

I am looking to upgrade the tires on my 2021 P1000 Deluxe. Can anyone tell me how big I can go without scrubbing? My P1000 is stock - no lift.

Stock Tire Sizes:
Front: 27x9x14
Rear: 27x11x14
I have 29’s on mine and they would rub badly with stock offset rims and at least 1” of lift. You can fit a 28” if it is actually 28 and not taller.
I have 5/3 rims and 2” of lift to fit the 29’s.
29/9/14 front
29/11/14 rear

1 - 12 of 12 Posts